Until I tried this recipe I never understood quite what all the fuss is about when it comes to peppermint crisp tarts. Now every time there is a family event I am told by my mother in law that I must bring my speciality to a dinner or braai, and it is always a massive hit.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
Peppermint Crisp Tart Ingredients
- 1 packet Tennis Biscuits (depending on your dish size, maybe a few extra so get 2 packets just in case!)
- 1 tin Caramel
- 2 cups of Cream or Orley Whip
- 450g Peppermint Crisp (the 3 big ones or 10 of the small ones)
- Mix caramel well in a bowl until smooth
- In a separate bowl whisk cream until soft peaks form
- Add cream and 100g peppermint crisp to caramel and mix well
- Line a dish with tennis biscuits, then cover the biscuits with a generous layer of the caramel mixture, add another layer of tennis biscuits and cover again with caramel mixture, continues until there are no ingredients left ending with caramel mixture on top.
- Cover with the remainder of grated peppermint crisp
- Put in fridge for at least 1 hour to set
Thank you to Chantal Blignaut Nel that shared this recipe with us on our Facebook page!
This peppermint crisp tart recipe turned out beautifully and was a great hit with the family. If you are looking for other great easy fridge desserts try out these recipes: lemon meringue pie, Cremora fridge tart, pineapple marshmallow pie, and strawberry cheesecake.