Looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe? Try this delicious Cremora Fridge Tart recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth in no time!
For the base, you can either line your dish with whole Tennis Biscuits to save time, or make a homemade biscuit base by crushing the biscuits and mixing in melted butter. I recommend the latter, as it will hold its shape better when serving. Simply line your dish with the mixture and compress it down before adding the creamy filling.
For the best results in this recipe, I recommend using fresh lemon juice instead of bottled lemon juice. Fresh lemon juice tends to help set a fridge tart better than bottled lemon juice. Additionally, grating the lemon rind and sprinkling the lemon zest on top of the pie can add a pop of colour and flavour. While some recipes suggest using crushed biscuits as a topping, using lemon zest can be a more visually appealing option.
- 1 pack Tennis Biscuits
- 100g melted butter
- 2 cups Cremora Milk Powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 150 ml lemon juice
- lemon zest
- Crush the biscuits, add the melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Compress the biscuit mixture into the pie dish.
- In a separate bowl mix the water and Cremora, then add the condensed milk and lemon juice. Beat with an electric beater until thoroughly mixed and the mixture thickens a bit.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base.
- Grate the lemon rind and spinkle the lemon zest over the top
- Put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours, although overnight is best.
This dessert is absolutely delicious and takes hardly any time to prepare. I really suggest you give this Cremora fridge tart recipe a go. Our favourite is to have it as dessert after a family braai.