Last Friday I went live on Facebook and Youtube with Judy MacGregor to talk about how to become a fun mom – my kids have told me that I am most definitely NOT a fun mom, but Judy is very much a fun mom. It is always fantastic collaborating with Judy, she is not only a fun mom but a fun person overall.
**Check out my live videos schedule to see what live videos are coming next**
About Judy MacGregor
Judy MacGregor is a mom of seven children and granny of one. She has taught extensively. She currently writes for a living on her mommy blog Fun Mamma SA. She blogs about parenting, life and being a mom.
Most of all she identifies as Hamish’s mom. Hamish is her laat lammetjie.
What Is A Fun Mom?
According to Judy’s son Hamish a fun mom is magic.
A fun mom is a mom that is always ready for an adventure. It can be a real adventure like climbing in the car to go on a road trip, or it can be turning supper into a Friday night picnic under the stars.
A fun mom is someone that is not afraid to be silly. Meet your child in play wherever you are and take the time to connect on your child’s level.
Meet your child’s love language. The type of fun mom you are will depend on your child’s personality and love language.
Some children, like Judy’s son Hamish, just love painting themselves but to other kids it may be a huge cause for anxiety and stress.
Get your child’s input and find out what they enjoy and want to do and what they don’t like. Each child is going to have very different ideas on what is fun!
How Can I Be A Fun Mom?
Anyone can be a fun mom, it is not about being fun every single second of every day but rather finding moments in every day to be spontaneous and add in a bit of fun and adventure.
- Be adventurous – try new things
- Don’t be afraid to be silly
- Meet your child in play – find your inner childlike spirit
- Meet your child’s love language and personality
- Get your child’s input on what fun looks like.
The biggest secret to being a fun mom is simple – play!
Fun Things To Do With Your Kids
While many moms think that they need to be creative or spend loads of time and effort planning and implementing things to be fun sometimes it is a lot more simple than that. Not everything has to cost a lot of money or take a lot of effort.
Here are some ways to be have more fun with your kids:
- Always put in bubble bath and never be afraid to put in extra bubbles.
- Always have loads of food colouring on hand and remember you can add food colouring to any food and many activities too! You can make foam bath paint, foam dough or your own paint.
- Never be afraid to make a mess. Messes can be cleaned up and your child will have amazing memories of childhood.
- Do scavenger hunts on walks.
- Create treasure hunts for your kids.
- Take advantage of free resources such as the free resources on Judy’s blog.
- Take advantage of free things that you can do on your birthday – check out this list of free things to do on your birthday in Cape Town.
- Bake together.
- Accept all invites to parties and playdates where possible.
WIN R500 Cash From Kaboutjie
What better prize to win than cash? Prize will be transferred into a South African bank account – enter using the form below.
This competition is open for residents of South Africa.
Get Extra Entries Into This Competition
The only requirement for entry into this competition is via the entry form above. You have to enter your details into the form to enter this competition, however you can gain extra entries into this competition in the following ways:
- Share this post on social media tagging @Kaboutjie and include the hashtag #WinWithKaboutjie – each share is an additional entry
- Leave a comment on this blog post – counts as one extra entry
- Leave comments on any other blog post on my website – every single comment received for the duration of the competition is an extra into this competition and into every other competition that is also currently running at the time!
- Follow me on Instagram and comment on posts!