If you are wanting to lose weight then you are most likely going to be needing to make some lifestyle changes. The most obvious of these changes will be to eat healthily, drink lots of water and to exercise regularly.
When we think of a healthy diet, we usually think in terms of the food that we eat or perhaps we think about cutting out certain drinks like coffee and Coke.
Along with drinking plenty of water, you should really consider drinking a few cups of herbal tea daily. Many herbal teas are well known for increasing your metabolism and detoxifying your body.
Here are the top 4 teas that help with weight loss that you can consider adding to your weight loss plan:
1 Green Tea
Green tea is well known to be one of the healthiest drinks around. It has so many health benefits that it would be crazy not to try it out if you are wanting to improve your health and lose weight.
Green tea boosts your metabolic rate and increases fat burning. It decreases body fat, especially in the abdominal area.
There are also many other health benefits that deserve a quick mention, green tea can:
- reduce your risk of cancer
- reduce your risk of type II diabetes by improving your insulin sensitivity and reducing blood sugar levels
- improve your overall health
- improve brain function and make you smarter
- improve your mood
- protect your brain, lowering your risk for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- improve dental health and lower risk of infections
- reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
2 Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea is somewhere between black tea and green tea. It is has huge health benefits which include weight loss and weight management.
Other incredible health benefits of Oolong Tea include:
- healthy skin
- controls diabetes
- decreases stress
- improved mental performance
- anti-cancer properties
- healthy bones
- removal of harmful free radicals
3 Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus lowers the absorption of starch and glucose which helps with weight loss. It also speeds up metabolism which also helps with weight loss.
Hibiscus tea is a caffeine free tea that has a great taste and makes for a yummy beverage.
In addition Hibiscus Tea also has these amazing health benefits:
- lowers high blood pressure
- lowers cholesterol
- aids digestive, immune system and inflammatory problems
- reduces the risk of cancer
- protects the liver and helps to treat liver disease
- relief from menstrual pain and cramps
- restores hormone imbalance
- antidepressant properties
It is important to note that Hibiscus tea is not recommended for pregnant women as it could stimulate menstruation. It is also not recommended for anyone with low blood pressure as it could lower blood pressure even more.
Some people experience a hallucinatory effect after drinking Hibiscus tea. Some people also have an allergic reaction to hibiscus tea such as sinus or hay fever.
So it would be a good idea to be cautious with trying out Hibiscus tea.
4 White Tea
White tea has up to 3 times the amount of antioxidants of other teas such as green tea. White tea is known to prevent the formation fat cells which makes it an excellent choice of tea for weight loss.
Other great health benefits of white tea include:
- anti-aging properties
- healthy skin
- improved dental health
- prevents cancer
- decreased cardiovascular disorder
- provides relief of symptoms for diabetes