My husband has been asking me to make a pineapple marshmallow pie for years. It is not something I’ve ever heard of and quite frankly it sounded seriously strange to me, but the begging finally got to me after a decade of marriage so I decided it was time to finally give him what he wanted. The ingredients may sound strange but OMG does this pie taste amazing!
Pineapple Marshmallow Pie Recipe
- 1/2 Packet Marie Biscuits
- 1/2 Packet Tennis Biscuits
- ⅓ cup butter
- 150g marshmallows
- 1 cup cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 100 finely chopped pineapple
- ½ cup lemon juice
- To make the base of the pie crush the biscuits (I put them in a bag and using a rolling pin to crush them finely), melt the butter and mix together then add it to your pie dish evenly and compact it by pushing it with a spoon all over. Put it in the fridge to set for an hour before adding the rest of the pie ingredients.
- Mix the lemon juice and condensed milk together
- In a separate bowl whip the cream into stiff peaks then add the vanilla essence, pineapple pieces and condensed milk mixture and mix through
- Melt the marshmallows in the microwave and add it to the pie mixture and mix through
- Pour it over the biscuit base and refrigerated until it has set
Just a note – please make sure to watch your marshmallows when you microwave them! I popped them in the microwave without a thought and while the marshmallows only took up half the bowl when I looked in they had expanded so high they were about to hit the top of the microwave! Thankfully I saw just in time and managed to prevent a huge mess.
We are big on eating in our home and I’ve started making a new recipe every Sunday, usually a dessert because who doesn’t love a weekend treat right?
The whole family absolutely loved this pineapple marshmallow pie and it didn’t last a day in our house and everyone is requesting it again already! This will make a fantastic dessert for a braai.