As a mom, we know that your life can be tough sometimes. OK, we mean all of the time! There are so many things to juggle that it seems like there’s never enough time for you and your needs. However, it’s crucial that you get enough exercise and proper nutrition to stay fit while you’re staying at home with kids. Keep reading down below, where we’ll give you all of the methods you can adopt so you can do just that.
- Make Your Exercise Simple
One of the first tips we have for you is to make your exercises simple. You might see a lot of exercise routines online that are way too complicated for the busy mom to handle. There are plenty of simple exercise routines you can do right from the comfort of your home with household items that are laying around. For example, you can do triceps dips from your coffee table in the living room. Or you can do some bicep work with the milk cartons in the fridge.
- Stream Workout Videos
Next up, if you’re having trouble doing the exercise routines on your own, then do some searching on YouTube or other video streaming services to do them along with a trainer! There are plenty of free videos you can check out and get some exercise inspiration from and work out with. This is going to make your life a whole lot easier when you don’t have to create routines from your own creativity.
- Get Exercise Inspiration Online
Along with videos, there are plenty of ways to inspire yourself to workout online. For example, you can start a Pinterest board of inspirational quotes to get you in the mood to work out hard. Or you can start another board that has simple exercises to complete when you have a free minute. This is something that you can check daily to add to and get some inspiration from. This is definitely going to be of use in real life.
- Chase the Kids Outside
A really easy way to get some cardio exercise in is to play with your kids outside and chase them around. We know that your kids probably have a lot more energy than you want to deal with, so what better way get rid of that energy than chasing them outside? You can get them tuckered out right before bed time and they’ll fall asleep in no time (so will you!).
- Combine the Time for Exercise and The Time for Yourself
When it comes to exercise, it’s easy to see this as a chore that you have to complete because the world is telling you to do so. However, you should try to shift your mindset towards seeing exercising as a way of spending personal time with yourself. When you exercise, you are working towards making a better version of yourself and relaxing.
- Make Sure to Also Eat Plenty of Healthy Foods
In addition to exercise, there’s a whole extra part of staying fit that we haven’t mentioned yet – eating right! Go ahead and do some searching online for great and healthy recipes for you to try with your family. Staying fit is only 20% about exercising. The other 80% is all about eating right and getting the right nutrients into your body.
- Have the Kids Join in On the Exercise
If you’re struggling to get off the couch and going outside to exercise, then have your kids join in on the fun! If you’re going to be streaming a workout video, why not have your kids come try to work out with you? This is sure to lead to some funny times and great laughs between all of you.
- Track Your Active Time
The last important tip we have for you is for you to start tracking the time that you spend in active mode. Make sure to write down how much exercise you’re doing every week and this is going to help you keep yourself accountable to getting everything done. You should aim for at least 30 minutes of some kind of exercise every day.
Each of these methods are super easy to adopt and are going to help you become a healthier version of yourself. Exercising and getting the right nutrition is an essential part in keeping your energy up so you can focus on your kids.