Hydrolyzed collagen is made from the collagen of animals that is found in the bones, skin, and connective tissues that has been broken down. Once it has been broken down, it is easier for one to absorb. Collagen has many important roles in the body. It helps to keep the bones strong and provides the skin structure.
Other Names For Hydrolyzed Collagen
There are many different names for hydrolyzed collagen. It is commonly referred to as:
• Collagen hydrolysate
• Collagen peptides
• Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides
• Hydrolyzed Collagen Proteins
• Hydrolyzed gelatin
• Hydrolyzed gelatin proteins
The Benefits of Taking Hydrolyzed Collagen Supplements Today
There are many benefits of taking hydrolyzed collagen supplements. The most popular benefits include the following:
1. Hydrolyzed collagen supplements can help to improve the skin. Aging depletes the body of collagen, which is needed to keep wrinkles at bay. Collagen supplements can hydrate the skin, giving it more elasticity.
2. Joint pain can be reduced when hydrolyzed collagen supplements are used. The tissues in your body can be stimulated to make collagen as they accumulate in the cartilage. Lower inflammation can then be seen, as can better support of the joints, and a reduction in pain.
3. Another benefit of taking hydrolyzed collagen supplements is that muscle mass can be lifted. Muscle mass is lost when we age, but taking a collagen supplement could stimulate muscle growth after exercising.
4. Heart health can be promoted when collagen is taken. The arteries need collagen, as this is what gives structure to them. If they do not have enough collagen, they will become weak. If they are weak, there is a risk of them becoming narrow, which could lead to heart attack or
stroke. Good levels of HDL cholesterol have increased by an average of 6% when hydrolyzed collagen is taken.
5. If you are worried about osteoporosis, you will be pleased to know that one of the benefits of taking hydrolyzed collagen supplements today is that bone loss will be less prevalent in ladies that take this supplement. This is because this supplement will stimulate the body into making more bone collagen, meaning stronger bones for yourself.
6. One huge benefit of hydrolyzed collagen is that it can make cellulite be a thing of the past. Cellulite is formed when collagen is not found in the dermal layer as it should be. An improvement in skin waviness can be seen when hydrolyzed collagen is added to your routine.
7. You can detox your liver by taking hydrolyzed collagen supplements. Think about all the toxins your body is exposed to on a daily basis. These toxins are very unhealthy for us, so we must find a way to detox the body. Using a hydrolyzed collagen supplement can help with this. There is a special amino acid, called glycine, that will help to reduce liver damage.
8. Got a leaky gut? One benefit of taking hydrolyzed collagen supplements today is that this can be repaired. Toxins are able to pass through the intestinal wall and into the blood stream. This is because the intestinal wall has become weak as collagen is being lost there. However, by adding a daily supplement, the collagen can be rebuilt up, making the intestinal wall strong again.
9. Want strong teeth and healthy gum? Add a collagen supplement. One of the benefits of hydrolyzed collagen is having healthy gums and strong teeth. As collagen forms the structure of our teeth, it is important to make sure we keep this supply built up in our bodies. And any
tissue around the teeth will be supported as well.
10. If you are stressed or have anxiety, hydrolyzed collagen is for you! As there is a high concentration of glycine, a feeling of peacefulness can be exuded over one after they have added collagen to their daily routine. Hydrolyzed collagen can help to reduce anxiety, and also promotes a better nights sleep! This supplement is also great to take if you are tired during the day, as it can help to eliminate this.
Hydrolyzed Collagen Supplement Side Effects
Rarely, there are any side effects with collagen supplements. With this being said, please note that everyone reacts differently to different products. Some users have reported a bad taste in the mouth that lingers after the supplement has been consumed. Others have experienced heartburn or a feeling of fullness. In some cases, individuals have had allergic reactions because the label has not been read
completely. It is wise to check the label, as many supplements are made with common ingredients that individuals are allergic to, such as fish or eggs.
Types of Hydrolyzed Collagen Supplements
Right now on the market, there are two forms of hydrolyzed collagen supplements. These include one that is processed from pasture-raised beef, while the other is sustained from wild caught marine sources. It is hard to tell the two apart, however, the pasture-raised one has an off white color while the wild caught marine one is a bright white.
As you can see, hydrolyzed collagen supplements have many great benefits of taking them. They promote good heart health, help with muscle mass, eliminate joint pain, and make the skin healthy. Collagen is found naturally in the body, and as we age, we lose it. Replenishing the lost amount will keep aging from taking over all parts of the body. It is no wonder hydrolyzed collagen is the number
one anti-aging supplement on the market today.