There are many health benefits associated with Turmeric during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Simply add a dash of turmeric to a glass milk or in your food.
Benefits during pregnancy
- Easing joint pain and inflammation
- Helps with prevention of constipation while maintaining healthy bacteria in the gut
- Helps with improved immunity
- Assist with detoxing the liver and purifying blood
- Assists with maintaining healthy blood sugar levels and lipid levels
Benefits during breastfeeding
- Contains anti-bacterial and antiviral properties which helps boosting your immune
- Helps with prevention of mastitis and reducing inflammation
- Turmeric is highly efficient in improving brain function, improving memory and
dopamine levels and act as an anti-depressant.
- Helps promoting digestion as well as keeping gas and bloating at bay.
- Natural painkiller to assist your body heal from the inside out.
- Used as a galactagogue which helps with boosting milk production due to its anti-
inflammatory and healing properties.
- Assists with improving cholesterol levels as curcumin advances the lining of blood
vessels and prevents heart disease.
- Improves blood circulation and acts as a general good health promoter.
Home beauty remedies with turmeric during pregnancy
- By mixing turmeric and curd into a paste you can apply them to your stretch marks.
Leave on for fifteen minutes and rinse off.
- For hyper-pigmentation you can blend cucumber, then add lime juice and turmeric to form a pate and apply to the affected areas. Leave on for twenty minutes and wash off. Turmeric is known for preventing melanin production and assisting with lightening of the skin tone.
- For acne-prone skin you can mix water and turmeric into a paste. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties can help prevent breakouts and treating inflamed skin.
- To help cleanse impurities in your system and maintain a clear complexion, drink a dash of turmeric in a glass of milk with a squeeze of honey every few days.