There are many health benefits associated with Turmeric during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It should only be taken in small amounts during pregnancy and not taken as supplements or medicinal quantities. It is best to add include some turmeric in your cooking, or drink some turmeric chai tea.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
Benefits During Pregnancy
- Easing joint pain and inflammation
- Helps with prevention of constipation while maintaining healthy bacteria in the gut
- Helps with improved immunity
- Assist with detoxing the liver and purifying blood
- Assists with maintaining healthy blood sugar levels and lipid levels
Benefits During Breastfeeding
- Contains anti-bacterial and antiviral properties which helps boosting your immune
- Helps with prevention of mastitis and reducing inflammation
- Turmeric is highly efficient in improving brain function, improving memory and
dopamine levels and act as an anti-depressant.
- Helps promoting digestion as well as keeping gas and bloating at bay.
- Natural painkiller to assist your body heal from the inside out.
- Used as a galactagogue which helps with boosting milk production due to its anti-
inflammatory and healing properties.
- Assists with improving cholesterol levels as curcumin advances the lining of blood
vessels and prevents heart disease.
- Improves blood circulation and acts as a general good health promoter.
Home Beauty Remedies With Turmeric During Pregnancy
- By mixing turmeric and curd into a paste you can apply them to your stretch marks.
Leave on for fifteen minutes and rinse off.
- For hyper-pigmentation you can blend cucumber, then add lime juice and turmeric to form a pate and apply to the affected areas. Leave on for twenty minutes and wash off. Turmeric is known for preventing melanin production and assisting with lightening of the skin tone.
- For acne-prone skin you can mix water and turmeric into a paste. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties can help prevent breakouts and treating inflamed skin.
- To help cleanse impurities in your system and maintain a clear complexion, drink a dash of turmeric in a glass of milk with a squeeze of honey every few days.