Essential oils for stretch marks are something that everyone who is battling this issue should have in their bathroom closet! There are many essential oils for stretch marks that really work well. Essential oils are concentrated liquids that are found naturally in seeds, bark, roots, stems, flowers, and other parts of various plants. Essential oils can often be combined with others to enhance benefits.
***Disclosure -The links in this post contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.***
Essential Oils For Stretch Marks
The following lists are essential oils that work really well for stretch marks.
1. Jasmine Oil – This amazing smelling essential oil can help to make the skin more elastic. This alone will help to remove stretch marks. Jasmine oil is also perfect for dry skin and helps the skin balance oils found in it.
2. Neroli Oil – This essential oil is made from bitter orange tree blossoms. It can lighten the skin, which helps with the appearance of stretch marks. It can also help skin cells regenerate as it is a very powerful antioxidant. Due to this, the skin’s appearance will improve with the continued use of this oil. As a side note, this amazing oil can be used for sagging skin too!
3. Lavender Oil – This essential oil is not just for bedtime! Lavender can be used on stretch marks as it heals the skin while giving it strength. Granulation tissue is formed when this oil is applied to the skin, which will essentially help to heal it. Collagen production will also be increased.
4. Geranium Oil – Promoting collagen production, this essential oil has the best smell. Skin healing will be sped up when this oil is used for skin issues, such as stretch marks.
5. Carrot Seed Oil – This moisturizing oil will prevent any sagging, keeping the skin toned. Since it is full of vitamin E and C, it will counteract damage to the skin.
6. Lemon Oil – This sweet-smelling oil is perfect to use on stretch marks as the oils in the body are replenished when it is applied over the skin.
7. Patchouli Oil – This fragrant essential oil can strengthen the skin due to it’s antioxidant power. It actually promotes collagen production synthesis and minimizes existing stretch marks.
8. Helichrysum Oil – This fruity smelling oil is often called the everlasting oil. It is a very potent antiinflammatory, which also improves the blood circulation. This will help to recover damaged skin.
9. Sage Oil – This essential oil for stretch marks stimulates the blood flow in the body. A few drops of this oil can be added to your warm bath water. Once you have been soaking for a few minutes, gently massage areas where stretch marks are. This is a wonderful way to help stretch marks disappear.
10. Frankincense Oil – This essential oil act as a powerful astringent, tightening the skin while helping cell turnover. It will prevent new stretch marks from forming, and will also lighten the old ones.
How To Use Essential Oils For Stretch Marks
Essential oils are very powerful; therefore, they should only be mixed with a carrier oil. Carrier oils can include Almond oil, Coconut oil, Castor oil, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil, and apricot kernel oil. It is best to start with a low dilution rate, and slowly work your way up to higher concentrations. If you apply the essential oils directly to the skin, irritation can occur. It is suggested that you start with a 2.5% dilution, and work slowly up to the 10% dilution if you desire to do so.
Always do a patch test first to make sure the oils mixed are not too strong for your skin.
Examples of dilution rates are as follows:
• 15 drops of essential oils per ounce of carrier oil for a 2.5 % dilution
• 20 drops of essential oils per ounce of carrier oil for a 3% dilution
• 30 drops of essential oils per ounce of carrier oil for a 5% dilution
• 60 drops of essential oils per ounce of carrier oil for a 10% dilution
Benefits of Using Essential Oils For Stretch Marks
There are many amazing benefits of using essential oils for stretch marks. These benefits include:
• Essential oils are an all-natural treatment.
• They smell amazing.
• These oils are cost effective.
• Different scents can be mixed and matched to create a customized blend.
• Each oil can treat numerous conditions.
• They often work just as well as other expensive treatments and procedures done in doctor’s
Combination of Essential Oils For Stretch Marks
Essential oils can be mixed together to make a stronger oil combination. The following makes really good pairs together:
• Lemon and Lavender – Consider adding two ml of lemon and three ml of lavender with each other. Add this oil mixture to 15g of beeswax, 50 g coconut oil, 30 ml primrose oil and cocoa butter that has been melted together in a fluffy texture.
• Lavender and Frankincense – Mix a few drops of each of these powerful oils with a small amount of fractionated coconut oil. This mixture can be rubbed directly onto the stretch marks to help lighten them up.
Essential oils for stretch marks have many other amazing benefits besides remove the stretch marks. They can help to moisturize the skin, and help relieve other issues, such as headaches or skin issues. Essential oils can be found in many grocery stores, health-food stores, bath and beauty shops, and online. With so many great choices of oils, there is something that can work for everyone.
About The Author
Sandra Thomson is a single mother that home schools her pigeon pair and supports her family with freelance writing. She is passionate about natural remedies and loves sharing parenting tips.