I’ve had so many moms asking me about how to earn extra money from home, and while the first thing I recommend is blogging, which is what I do, there are lots of moms that really don’t want to put that amount of effort in and build their own websites.
I totally understand that, since it will take some time and hard work before you start seeing a return.
Something that I have been doing for a number of years is paid online surveys from home. It costs nothing and you can do it in your own time which is great.
Now there are pros and cons to doing online surveys from home and I don’t want you to waste your time or feel let down if you have high expectations. Rather I will give you a realistic run down of my experience doing online surveys from home so you know what you can expect.
5 Cons Of Doing Paid Online Surveys From Home
- You will never get rich doing paid online surveys from home! Any website that claims that is probably a scam, so watch out.
- The amount of time it takes to do a survey is not really worth investing a massive amount of time in. If you work out what you get paid for your time you find that it is probably one of the lowest paying jobs on the planet.
- Very often you will start filling in a survey and be disqualified which is really frustrating and annoying. Keep in mind that for each survey they are looking for specific people so they need to ask some questions to find out if you fit the demographics they require. Some people will get lots of surveys and other people a lot less, it is all about what they are looking for.
- There is always a minimum cash out amount which you have to reach before you can get paid out so you will have to do a few surveys before you can get paid.
- There are not an unlimited amount of surveys available and when one comes available you need to be quick to get there otherwise their quota is filled.
5 Pros Of Doing Paid Online Surveys From Home
- If you have free time available then why not spend it filling in the odd survey, it may be low pay but it is money you wouldn’t have had.
- Over time your earnings can build up nicely and you can use it for something special.
- At times the surveys can be fun and interesting.
- It costs nothing to do an online survey, as long as you have an internet connection you are good to go.
- You don’t need any experience or knowledge to do online surveys.
So it is up to you to decide whether you want to try out online surveys to make some extra money from home in your spare time. For me personally I don’t really find the time anymore but when I had young babies and I was breastfeeding I would sit and do some surveys on my phone. It kept me occupied and it earned me a little bit extra every now and then.
Now the question comes – where do you go to do online surveys. Watch out because there are loads of websites that mess you around. Some promise you riches, stay away from those because those are bound to be scams. Doing online surveys will earn you some pocket money, but you will not get rich!
Stay away from websites that ask for a joining fee for surveys – those are also scams.
What Paid Survey Sites Do I Recommend?
There are two websites that I can recommend that you try.
If you are in South Africa I recommend Answered Insight, you can read my Answered Insight Review on my online marketing website for more information.
**UPDATE To Answered Insight**
They have been having tech problems for the last year with their website and are apparently in the process of building a new website. Members can’t see their balances or cash out which is quite frustrating, in addition to this they are not responding to any emails or Facebook messages yet they are still sending email invites for members to do surveys? I no longer recommend Answered Insight.
The second website that I recommend is Clixsense – the earning potential is higher simply because there are more surveys available since they are a bigger company and they are international. As well as surveys you can also complete tasks and offers too, plus they have an affiliate program so you can recommend it to other people and if they sign up using your link then you will earn commission.
And yes if you sign up for Clixsense using my link I will earn commissions if you earn anything. It’s one of the ways that I earn money online.
I did a full review on Clixsense in 2015 on my online marketing website, but Clixsense updated their website and made a lot of changes this year so it is slightly different to my review which I have just updated with the new information. To cash out via Clixsense I suggest you sign up for a Payoneer account.
Here is a recent video I made showing you how to use Clixsense.
If you have any questions about doing paid online surveys from home let me know in the comments.