Shew, the disruption, stress, fear, and grief that Covid-19 has brought into our lives! We have no choice but to keep on doing the best we can to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
***Disclosure – This post is sponsored***
Nearly two years into the pandemic there is much scientific evidence about how individuals can ward off the virus, prevent hospitalisation or support recovery. Fortunately, we live in a country with a well-respected medical body which has informed South Africa’s vaccination rollout, and a professional and compassionate healthcare fraternity that goes the extra mile for their patients. Still, as individuals, we have a huge part to play in our own defence, and as always, the best defence is to adopt a multi defence strategy.
“Face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as getting vaccinated, frequent hand-washing and physical distancing, can help to slow the spread of the virus” – https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449
As many of us return to the office and congregate indoors over meals and drinks, we also need to think about ventilation to minimise the indoor spread of Covid-19.
And we can power up our body’s natural immune defences to fight against the onslaught of contagious infections, germs which are everywhere, poor diet, stress and pollution. Things we can control:
- Eat healthily, which means more vegetables and fruit and cutting back on deep fried and stodgy fast foods.
- Move regularly. This can add up to big health and fitness benefits, for example, 20 minutes of brisk walking five or more days a week has been shown to boost immunity. Plan fun active get-togethers with family, friends, or colleagues. Think bike rides or walks to collect coffee, start up a backyard cricket or footy game, take a ball or frisbee for play dates.
- Supplement healthily. Well-respected nutritional supplier, Nativa, has a range of immune boosting nutritional supplements. Check them out on https://www.nativacomplex.co.za/immune-health/. Look out for new Nativa Complex® Multi-Defence tablets, a health supplement formulated to deliver the benefits of two immune and antioxidant boosting vitamins (Vitamins C and D) and minerals (zinc and selenium) to promote antioxidants and good health.
All products are available from Takealot, Dis-Chem, Clicks and selected pharmacies nationwide.
WIN! A Philips Air Fryer valued at R1600 from Nativa Complex® Immune Boosting Supplements!
Enter your details into the form below to enter this competition.
This competition is open for residents of South Africa and Terms and Conditions apply.
The winner will be announced on our competitions page - this competition is open from:
29 November – 03 January 2022
This Competition Is Closed For Entries
Click here to sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss another competition!
Get Extra Entries Into This Competition
The only requirement for entry into this competition is via the entry form above. You have to enter your details into the form to enter this competition, however you can gain extra entries into this competition in the following ways:
- Share this post on social media tagging @Kaboutjie and include the hashtag #WinWithKaboutjie - each share is an additional entry
- Leave a comment on this blog post - counts as one extra entry
- Leave comments on any other blog post on my website - every single comment received for the duration of the competition is an extra into this competition and into every other competition that is also currently running at the time!
- Join my Kaboutjie Parenting Community on Facebook and share your parenting questions in the group.
- Follow me on Instagram and comment on posts!