We all have to work for more than forty years and during this time, we all need to have a retirement plan in place that assures you will not have money worries when your retirement comes. You might be just starting out on your journey, with a couple of young kids to raise, yet creating a wealth generation plan at an early age should lead to a secure retirement.
Here are a few wealth generation tips to help you plan for your golden retirement years.
- Start Saving – The sooner you start putting money aside, the better; it isn’t easy to get through the month and still have money left over, but if you get into the habit of saving a few dollars every week, it soon mounts up. If you get the chance to do some OT, think of the future and put as many hours in as you can.
- Create a Wealth Generation Plan – If you are not sure how to do this, search online for a financial advisor; an expert who can help you create a plan to acquire wealth with the right investments. Investing in real estate is one way to generate wealth, as you can gain a lot of equity if land prices keep rising as they always seem to do.
- Take Precautions – Life insurance is important and funeral directors offer a pre-paid funeral service that freezes the cost when you take out the plan. The last thing you want is to leave your family with the financial burden of a funeral, plus when you pre-pay your funeral, you get to choose every aspect of the service. Not everyone subscribes to a mainstream religion and when you plan your own funeral, you can be eco-friendly and adopt a humanist approach.
- Buy a Second Home – When you have paid off your mortgage, rather than saving that amount every month, why not purchase a holiday home? This brings with it many benefits; you get to enjoy cheap holidays, plus get an income when you rent out the property, not to mention the equity that will accrue over the years. Many semi-retired people purchase holiday property somewhere like Phuket in southern Thailand, where the climate is tropical and when you are ready to retire for good, you can sell your Australian home and invest the money to guarantee a secure retirement. Here are a few tips to reduce your tax bill, which is worth the read.
- Choose Investments Wisely – It is, of course, possible to make bad investments and that could lead to financial ruin. It is important to research any investment opportunity before making any commitment and if you would rather be safe, join forces with an investment broker and let them make money on your behalf.
Here is some Australian government information on private investment that might help you make the right decisions when investing your money. The sooner you create a plan for your retirement, the quicker you will generate wealth that can be re-invested to ensure that you have a secure retirement.