Wrinkles are folds in the skin that are often caused by the aging process. We typically see them on areas of the body that receives the most sun, such as the face, neck, and forearms. Some individuals will develop more wrinkles than others as there are many factors that determine how severe wrinkles can be.
***Disclosure -The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.***
Factors For Wrinkles
There are many factors that determine how extreme a person’s wrinkles will be. These include:
- Sun exposure – UV lights from the sun can cause the skin’s connective tissues (elastin and collagen) to break down.
- Environmental factors – Pollution can play a huge part in how your skin looks.
- Smoking – This one is self-explanatory. Smoking is bad for every part of your body, including the skin.
- Repeated movements on the face – Smiling, frowning, squinting the eyes, or laughing can lead to wrinkles. This is because facial muscles are active, which will indent the skin a bit each time a movement is done. As we age, the skin looses elastin and collagen, and the skin is not able to spring back like it once did.
- Skin Care – Having a regular skin care routine that includes moisturizing your skin can play a role.
Home Remedies For Wrinkles
Many people are unhappy with their wrinkles and how their skin is aging. They want to do something about it, but do not want to come up with money to buy the best anti-wrinkle creams or to have expensive treatments done. The following home remedies for wrinkles can be performed easily in the privacy and comfort of your own house. There is no need for expensive office calls or trying to find time to squeeze in an appointment.
1. Hydrate the skin with oils. Look for oils that are natural and good for the skin. Coconut oil is amazing for those that have sensitive skin. It is also antibacterial and anti-fungal. Rosehip Oil is full of vitamin A and is light weight. Argan oil reduces inflammation and rejuvenates the skin. Keeping the face fully moisturized will stop any dryness from forming. Dry skin is easier to wrinkle and damage than skin that is hydrated.
2. Include lots of vitamin C in your diet. Vitamin C is needed in the body to produce collagen. The skin needs collagen in order to keep the skin from sagging. It is recommended that women get 75 mg per day, unless they smoke. If you smoke, plan on getting 100 mg per day. Good
sources of vitamin C include oranges and other citrus fruits, strawberries, kale, broccoli, and bell peppers. Vitamin C can also be applied topically to the skin as an added benefit. When applied to the skin, free radicals are neutralized. These are what causes aging skin and damage.
3. Rub some Aloe Vera into the skin for a home remedy for wrinkles. Aloe Vera is an all-natural moisturizer. Many have Aloe Plants in their homes, but the gel can also be purchased from the store. Just note that if you do use the gel, make sure there are no additives. You will want 100% pure Aloe Vera gel. Mix a teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel with one vitamin E capsule then apply to where wrinkles are forming. Leave on for up to half an hour, rinsing afterwards with warm water. If using just an Aloe plant, extract the gel and apply directly to the face. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
4. Egg whites are a great way to ward off wrinkles. Beat one or two egg whites into a bowl, then apply to a clean face. Allow to set for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. The egg whites will tighten the skin, and as an added benefit, help shrink your pores.
5. Lemon juice is a wonderful way to help your skin! Slice one lemon in half, then rub it over your wrinkles. This acidic fruit will reduce your wrinkles while brightening your skin tone. And it smells pretty heavenly as well.
6. Try a mask. There are a variety of homemade masks that you can make as a home remedy for wrinkles. You can mix equal parts of baking soda and warm water. Spread this mixture all over your face, scrubbing for a minute or two. Rinse the face with warm water. This method can be used two times per week. You may also have luck with a honey cinnamon mask. Mix one tablespoon of honey with ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Apply all over the face, then allow to set for 10 minutes. Rinse well with warm water. This mask can be done twice a week.
7. Drink green tea. Green tea is great for fighting wrinkles as it is full of antioxidants. Drinking 2 or 3 cups of green tea per day can lead to radiant skin that glows from within. Just be sure to drink it without sugar for maximum results, or a small amount of honey can be used.
8. Apply Vaseline. Use a small amount of Vaseline to rub into existing wrinkles. Massage for a few minutes, then leave on overnight. After doing this for a few weeks, results are sure to be noticed.
Wrinkles are inevitable. They are a part of aging that no one really likes to think about. However, the good news is that we can deal with them. There are many home wrinkle remedies that are simple to use and inexpensive as well compared to some other anti-wrinkle treatments. Just trying one or two of these home remedies for wrinkles will get your skin looking and feeling more youthful.