I love making money on the side through online surveys and if you do too then this SurveyTime review is for you! While doing surveys will never be a full-time income or make you rich they are a great way to make money online in your spare time. Ysense is my favourite survey platform with SurveyTime coming in second. Read my SurveyTime review to see if this is going to be something you enjoy doing for a bit of extra income.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
What Is SurveyTime?
SurveyTime is an app that allows you to earn money by completing online surveys. It is a very simple online survey app that is easy to use and can earn you some extra income in your spare time.
How Do You Make Money From SurveyTime
There are only two ways to earn money from Surveytime. The first way is to complete surveys to make money. The second is to become an ambassador for SurveyTime and promote them to make affiliate income. Affiliate income is discussed later in this post.
The majority of surveys pay $1 per survey, with some paying $0.50 per survey. The length of the survey varies from survey to survey. The amount payable and the length of the survey is shown in the app.
How Do You Get Paid From SurveyTime?
Is SurveyTime Legit? Do They Pay?
Yes SurveyTime is legit and yes they do pay out. I have personally cashed out via Pyapal, Coinbase, and Amazon gift card. My favourite way to cash out is through Amazon gift cards. It is a very small amount to receive to Paypal and since I love buying things on Amazon I prefer to stash my gift cards on Amazon until I have enough to buy something on my wish list.
Click here for SurveyTime app download.
While SurveyTime does pay out for surveys they have not paid me out for my referral income ever and I have contacted support with no response. It has now been over 6 months and I have received no referral payments that are due.
There are no unique tricks and tips for earning more through SurveyTime that I have come across. You can visit their FAQ page for any questions you may have.
The only things I can recommend to increase your earnings are the same things I recommend for every survey platform:
- Always be consistent and honest in your answers. All survey sites track your answers and if you are not congruent throughout all surveys you may find that there are no surveys available to you, or even have your account banned. Remember that there are real companies behind each survey that are looking for valuable information from customers and potential customers. They are looking for specific demographics. Sometimes you won’t fit that demographic and therefore won’t qualify for that survey.
- Be quick to apply for surveys – each survey is only looking for a certain number of respondents. If you are too slow to respond that survey may be full already.
SurveyTime Affiliate Program
SurveyTime has an ambassador program you can apply to join so that you can earn affiliate income for referrals. Click here to join their ambassador program.
They promise a once off referral fee of $1 for each referral that joins and successfully completes a survey. Payments for the month are made on the 1st of the following month. You can choose to be paid via Paypal, Payoneer, or Amazon gift card. However, as mentioned above I have earned referral income and they have not paid me out or responded to any queries.
Pros And Cons Of SurveyTime
Every survey platform has its pros and cons and while I may love SurveyTime perhaps you might not. Here are all the pros and cons of SurveyTime so you can make up your mind if you want to give it a go or not.
- They pay out via Paypal, Coinbase and Amazon Giftcard – however once you have completed a survey sometimes not all the payment options are available.
- They pay out immediately upon completion of a survey – no minimum payment threshold or having to wait for your payment to be processed.
- It is $1 or $0.50 per survey – many survey sites offer much less per survey.
- The app is simple to use and easy to complete surveys.
- Surveys (in my experience so far) are not too long in comparison to some other survey sites
- When being disqualified from surveys it is usually right at the beginning and very rarely half way through the survey or near the end.
- They regularly send out emails when a survey is available, which is much nicer than having to constantly check in like some other platforms.
- They offer an affiliate program – HOWEVER they have not paid me out my referral income and not responded to any of the queries I have submitted regarding this.
- There are not a lot of surveys available every day so earning potential is not very high.
- While they state you can cash out via Paypal, Coinbase, or Amazon gift card sometimes upon completing a survey not all the options are available so you don’t get to choose your preferred payment option.
- SurveyTime has not paid me out for referral income due to me despite numerous queries.
- Their support is non-existent – numerous queries to support regarding referral income has not been responded to.
SurveyTime Vs Ysense
- Ysense has a lot more surveys available than SurveyTime.
- While Ysense has more surveys I find I am usually able to qualify for a lot of the surveys on SurveyTime in comparison to Ysense.
- Ysense has a lot more ways to earn money compared to SurveyTime – Ysense you can also earn through completing offers, a daily poll, daily checklist bonuses, and playing games. There is always a way to earn money every day on Ysense.
- Ysense can be a lot more frustrating as there are a lot more surveys where you get kicked out half way through, or they have technical difficulties. SurveyTime appears to be much better in this regard.
- Ysense and SurveyTime both pay out via Paypal and Amazon gift card. However with Ysense you can also cash out via Payoneer and I love Payoneer. SurveyTime also offers Coinbase as a cash out method, Ysense does not.
- Ysense has an browser addon for notifications of new surveys, whereas with SurveyTime you can active push notifications to be notified on your computer when there are new surveys available.
- Ysense there are minimum cashout amounts for different payout methods. SurveyTime pays out after each survey without you having to reach a minimum amount.
- Ysense has a much better affiliate program since with SurveyTime you will only be paid a once off $1 for every referral that signs up under you and completes a survey. With Ysense you get paid $0.30 (in South Africa) for every referral that signs up, commission (from 20 to 30% depending on your amount of active referrals), and a $2 bonus for every referral that makes their first $5. In addition to that Ysense has always paid me out referral income with no problems, SurveyTime has failed to pay me the referral income that is due to me.
- When requesting a payment from Ysense they take a few days to process your payment. SurveyTime processes your payment immediately.
- The earning potential is higher with Ysense. I usually earn around $100 a month from Ysense, whereas I make around $5 – $10 a month from SurveyTime.
SurveyTime Review Summary
While SurveyTime does not earn me buckets of cash, it is a fantastic survey platform that works really well and does not have the same level of frustration as so many other survey platforms. If you are looking for a way to supplement your income SurveyTime is a great way to do it.
While I’ve tried every method of cashing out with SurveyTime I now stick to cashing out Amazon gift cards to help me with my Amazon purchases.
While SurveyTime does pay out for surveys, they have not paid me out any of the referral income that is due to me or responded to any of my queries about this, so I advise you only stick to completing surveys.