So before we get into my Ysense review it is so important to get things into context – while I’ve earned over $1250 to date from Ysense this is most likely not going to be a full time earning opportunity for anyone. There are also plenty of pitfalls when it comes to earning online through surveys. I will be covering all of this in this Ysense review so you can get a realistic understanding of what it is.
I personally love Ysense because I have been with them since 2015 and it is a fantastic way to supplement my income. The best part about it is that I really do nothing much to earn now and while my earnings are low they are consistent, so it is true residual income which is something that I really enjoy.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
What Is Ysense?
Ysense is a website that offers ways to earn online through surveys, offers and tasks. When I first joined Ysense it was called Clixsense and the main way of earning was “pay to click” which means you watch ads and you get paid to click on new ads.
That did not appeal to me at all and even when that was the main way to earn I mostly stuck to the online surveys section. They have now done away with pay to click earnings and rebranded as Ysense which I personally think was a fantastic move for them.
How Can You Earn From Ysense?
There are a number of ways to earn money from Ysense – surveys,
tasks, offers, playing games (only available through the Ysense app) and referring others (affiliate marketing).
There are surveys you can take to earn money. There is no set amount of money for each survey but each survey that is available will show the amount you can earn as well as the estimated time to complete that survey.
Tasks Tasks are provided through Appen which is crowdsourcing service. The amount you can earn for each task is shown on the website. The more tasks you complete successfully the higher your level and more tasks will be available to you. Tasks can involve a wide variety of things such as finding company information and transcribing data.
**UPDATE – tasks are no longer available on Ysense**
Offers are provided through a variety of platforms such as Peanut Labs, OfferToro, Annads and more. To earn money through offers you need to complete whatever is listed to earn. It may be taking a quizz , doing a survey, signing up for free trials, playing games or downloading an app to your phone.
The amount you can earn for each offer is shown.
If you download the Ysense app you can also download the games listed in the app and earn through playing. While I’m not big on playing games on my phone myself I have downloaded the games and I give my phone to my kids every day. Each game has a different earning amount for a certain amount of time played. You can earn anything from $0.09 to $0.09 with different play times applicable shown in the app.
I’ve found this a great way to boost my daily earnings for doing nothing and it is a win all round since I don’t usually allow my kids to use my phone so they are very pleased to be able to use my phone on a daily basis.
Affiliate Marketing (referring others)
You can earn an income through sharing Ysense with others using your unique affiliate link which you can find in your profile. When people sign up to Ysense and start earning you will earn a small commission through their earning activities.
You will earn 20% off your referrals activity. You can increase this amount to 25% if you have 100+ active referrals and to 30% if you have 200+ active referrals.
You will also earn $0.10 when a referral becomes active or $0.30 when a referral from a top tier country becomes active.
In addition to the above you will also earn a $2 bonus when referrals earn their first $5.
How Much Can You Earn From Ysense?
When I first signed up with Ysense I played around with it and did quite a lot of surveys. I earned just over $60 in my best month. It is also important to note that I never really did any tasks or offers other than when I first signed up and had a look to see what those options were all about. I also never put a huge amount of effort into making as much money as possible on Ysense so I am sure that the earning potential is quite a lot more than my best month with Ysense.
Now I hardly ever do any surveys myself and I earn around $10 a month without even logging in. It is not much money but I don’t have to do anything for it which is really nice.
Considering it is a free platform and all you need is an internet connect you can make money online in your free time that you wouldn’t normally have had, it is a nice way to make money online.
Tips For Earning More At Ysense
While the earning potential is not sky high there are some things that you can do to increase your earnings at Ysense and I know that these work because these are the things that I did when I wanted to increase my Ysense earnings:
- Download the Ysense Browser Addon – this will notify you immediately when there is a new survey or other earning opportunity from Ysense.
- Download the games listed in the Ysense app and get your kids to play those games daily on your phone.
- Do the daily poll and earn $0.01 every day by answering one question.
- Complete your daily checklist bonus and you can earn an extra 16% at the end of every day – shown in above screenshot.
- Do not be disheartened when you don’t earn anything for the first few days. It took a while for me to start earning regularly, it will probably take you a little while too. Keep logging on every day and complete what you can. Give it a good chance before you decide it is not for you.
- Be honest in your answers and in your profile. They are trying to match your profile with what their customers are looking for. If you give different answers you will put your account at risk.
- Share about your experience with Ysense and start sharing your affiliate link. You won’t start earning immediately from this, but over time it can build up to a nice residual income. You can even write a review on Facebook and/ or do a Youtube video.
- Keep in mind that there are lots of companies that have affiliate programs, so when you refer someone to Ysense you can also earn through referring those people to Paypal, Payoneer and Amazon. I’m sure that Skrill also has an affiliate program but after my experience there I will never promote their services. I will be creating some posts on Kaboutjie on affiliate marketing, it is an amazing way to make an income online!
How To Get Paid Via Ysense
You can get your Ysense earnings paid out in a variety of ways including Paypal, Payoneer, Skrill, Amazon Gift Card and Reward Link Italy.
All of the above, with the exception of Skrill, are fantastic. I urge you not to try Skrill because I only used them once in 2017 and it was the most shocking international payment processor. I won’t get into all the details, I will just say that by the time my $50 payment from Ysense finally arrived in my South African bank account I received approximately R186 which is appalling.
When I contacted them about it they would say nothing other than fees and currency exchanges are applied and they would not enter into any further communication. That was the last time I used Skrill and I will never use them again!
Being paid out via Payoneer is the quickest and cheapest option, plus it is the easiest to use once you have verified your details and your bank with them. The only downside of using Payoneer is that you can only cash out to Payoneer once you have $52 in earnings – which makes sense since a $2 transaction fee is deducted by Ysense and once your money is in Payoneer you can only withdraw to your bank when you have a minimum of $50.
However Paypal is one of the most widely used international payment processors and well trusted. It is also a great way to get paid since you can cashout from Ysense once you have earned $10 and you will be able to withdraw that to your FNB bank account.
Please note you can only connect Paypal with FNB – so if you don’t have an FNB account you will need to open one to use this cash out method.
I have been a Paypal customer for about 8 years and I have been with Payoneer for about 5 years – both are excellent.
Take note that once you request a cashout from Ysense it is not immediate, it takes a few days for the payment to be sent to you, so make sure to plan for that.
I can’t make any judgement on Reward Link Italy since I have never used that as it is only for Italy, I’m in South Africa.
What I Like About Ysense
I’ve been with Ysense since 2015 and they are a fantastic and legitimate way to make some extra income online. There are so many scams and time wasters when it comes to making money online. While the earnings are low at Ysense I know that I will always earn something and I know that I will be able to cash out my earnings.
I love that they have an affiliate program, which means that I can share about it and earn money online in that way too.
I love earning residual income from Ysense, especially now that I really don’t do much for it. I have in the past written a few reviews and done some Youtube videos about Ysense when it was still Clixsense and I keep on earning from that.
What I Don’t Like About Ysense
While I really enjoy Ysense there are some things that I really don’t like much and I feel it is important to share that information with you too, so that you can get a realistic idea of what you can expect signing up.
The tasks section sucks. Firstly the amount you can earn per task is pitiful and not worth the effort. Secondly when I tried it out there were a number of times it told me that what I entered was incorrect and I know it was not… so I did not even get awarded the pitiful amount I should have. This may have changed in the years since I tried this section but I can’t be bothered to try again.Updated – tasks are no longer available.
- The offers section sucks because you often have to sign up for things and/ or download apps to your phone. I am not keen to enter my details into so many things for starters – I get spammed enough thanks without entering my information. I’m also not comfortable downloading things to my phone all the time. In addition to this, many of the offers involve signing up for a trial of something, which means I need to stay in the trial long enough to get my income but also remember to leave before I get billed. No thank you!
- It is common to not qualify for surveys and often you also get kicked out of a survey half way through – this is not something that only happens at Ysense, this is common to most survey sites. I don’t like seeing such a huge list of surveys then find out that I cannot complete any of them after trying to do them.
Ysense Review – My Final Verdict
Ysense is fantastic and while it has not brought me a huge amount of income I have to date earned $1250+ and this took no huge effort over the years.
It is a legit platform that is 100% free to join and allows members to earn from their activity on the website. I have never had any issues being paid by Ysense and I’m always kept up to date with what is new there.
If you are looking for a fun way to earn a little extra each month in your spare time I highly recommend you join Ysense and give them a go.
I hope you have enjoyed my Ysense review – if you have any questions please leave them in the comments and I will answer them as soon as possible.