This oats and chocolate cake is not only delicious, it is also quick and easy to make with no baking and only three ingredients. Another bonus is that I made it with Nova Choc-Oh-Late baking buttons so there is no sugar in this recipe, making it a healthier alternative to a lot of other chocolate recipes.
Oats And Chocolate Cake
- 3 cups Nova Choc-Oh-Late dark baking buttons
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 ½ cups oats
- Melt the chocolate
- In a separate pot bring the milk to the boil
- Add the milk to the chocolate and stir until completely combined
- Add the oats and mix until completely combined
- Grease springform cake pan and add the mixture to the pan spreading it evenly
- Freeze for one hour or put in the fridge for at least four hours
If you want a vegan version of this swap the milk for coconut milk or another vegan milk alternative. The Nova Choc-Oh-Late baking buttons are vegan.
My family absolutely loved this and I made it in the late afternoon, put it in the freezer for an hour and it was ready for us to eat after supper that night.