These tips can be helpful in boosting your child’s immunity. First, you must start with setting a good example for your child. Remember your child will learn best by following your example.
- Physical activity is an excellent way of boosting your immune system. Exercise together by taking walks, playing together and sharing precious bonding time.
- Create a bedtime routine that makes good sleeping patterns possible for the whole family. Avoid electronic devices just before bedtime.
- Create a stress-free and calm environment to improve overall well-being which focuses on mind, body and spirit.
Other Tips For Boosting The Immunity Of Your Child
- Vaccines are highly recommended for protecting your child.
- Breastfeeding can help build your newborn’s immunity as it contains antibodies, cytokines, immunoglobulins and other immune boosting properties. Even breastfeeding your new baby for a few weeks will offer some immunity.
- Washing your and before handling your newborn as well as making sure that people who are sick stays away until they’ve recovered is essential.
- Make sure you introduce healthy habits i.e. washing hands before and after handling food or visiting the restroom as well as sneezing or coughing into your elbows.
- Include a healthy and well-balanced diet with a variety of fruit and vegetables to ensure your child gets essential nutrients and vitamins as well as drinking lots of water and reducing the amount of refined sugars can go a long way in keeping your children healthy.
- Make sure your child’s vaccination schedule is up to date.
- To avoid side effects or antibiotic resistance, always confirm your child’s diagnosis and avoid unnecessary intake of antibiotics. Antibiotics are only used for treatment of bacterial infections and not viruses.
- Avoid exposing your child to polluted environments and second hand smoke.
- When you’re considering a playschool or crèche, discuss their infection-control policies that includes labelling of bottles, sick children protocol and positioning of the changing station and kitchen.