Deworming your baby regularly is important!
Ideally your baby should be dewormed every 6 months from 6 months of age. When you deworm do every member of the household including pets!
It is important to deworm regularly even if there is no sign of a worm infestation, or it is so slight that it is overlooked. A child with worms may have a sore tummy, weight loss and may be irritable.
Signs that your baby has worms:
- the obvious sighting of worms around the anus or in stools
- loss of appetite due to the pain or discomfort in the tummy
- itching or pain around the anus, where the worms entered
- a rash – especially hives
- painful and frequent urination due to urinary tract infection – this is more common in girls
- trouble sleeping
- constant coughs
- blood in the stools
- vomiting -this is rare
- diarrhea – this is also rare
- blockage of the intestines – very rarely