As an American tradition, companies have always been proud to provide discounts to members of the Armed Forces and their immediate families. The specific services run the gamut; from reduced car repair and tax season aid, to pet adoption and small business insurance. As these are just examples, consider the following expanded list of discount services for our treasured military families:
- The YMCA: is exuberant about offering both child care and discounted memberships (sometimes even free for those satisfying specific eligibility requirements) to military families. Check to see if the YMCA in your area is a participant in the Military OneSource program before going there to fill out an eligibility application.
- Gold’s Gym: This particular promotion delivers a 20% discount to active military members and veterans on gym dues, as well as a sign-up fee of just $49 from the usual $149.99.
Insurance Discount Options
- USAA: This covers everything from life insurance to auto and home insurance discounts – as long as you’re a United States Military Service Member or honorably-discharged veteran. In fact, USAA also covers certain family members of the above if they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Geico: You can claim a 15% discount on insurance if you’re a national guardsman, a retiree/veteran, active duty or on reserve. Emergency Deployment discounts are also available for those affiliated with the military in certain prescribed positions; call 1-800-MILITARY to find out more.
- American Family Insurance: Being deployed is a hectic and emotional time for military families; often, it becomes much more likely that you miss insurance payments on things such as your automobile. This is why American Family Insurance will not count this against you, and treat your present or future insurance plan as though it has been ongoing without interruption. American Family Insurance also helps with rectifying active duty issues (with insurance).
Miscellaneous – Discounts on Products and Services
- Canyon Pet Lodge – Pets can be like family; that’s why if you just display your military ID when you show up, Canyon Pet Lodge will happily give you 10% off on all related services.
- Cultural Care Au Pair – As you register, use the discount code PCMILITARY to both forego the $75 registration fee as well as to enjoy $575 off as an additional service discount. This promotion is only for new military families.
- Boost Mobile – Deployment can be tough on families; as such, Boost Mobile allows active members in the Deployed Military Program to keep their account up to date automatically – this means no service charges and related delinquency charges once you return.
- Care.com – They offer discounts for all active service military personnel.
- Cube Smart – if you’re US Military and in need of storage, then Cube Smart offers a 10% discount as the base offer of a suite of special promotions if you use their services. Simply have your military ID card ready.
- CareerPerfect – Looking for a job? Resume writing services from CareerPerfect are here to help; you can enjoy a discount from them if you’re a veteran, reserve member, guardsmen, active duty or retiree, then head on over.
- UPS – The United Postal Service offers Priority Mail upgrade to all packages to overseas military personnel.
- The Guitar Lesson – do you play this fabled instrument? There’s a 68% discount on lessons for the guitar – applicable for all veterans and current military members.
- SaveAndInvest.org – Married couples with a spouse in active service receive free credit analyses and a FICO score report at no charge to their military email.
- The Red Door Salon and Spa – At any of the 28 nationwide locations, active military personnel, National Guard, veterans and retirees can enjoy a 20% discount on salon and spa treatments. Additionally, you get 20% off all in-store product purchases.
- Operation Love United – are you deploying soon, and wish to commemorate it? Operation Love United offers free professional photographs for military families that are actively dealing with deployment.
- NetSonic – The exceptional hosting services of Netsonic are available to veterans and active military at a 15% discount for a multitude of different options – gaming, cloud, etc. The activating promotional code is USMILITARY.
- Penske Truck Rental – 20% off truck rentals and moving costs if you have a military ID or veterans card.
- Microsoft 365 – The House That Gates Built is offering a 30% discount on the entire Microsoft Office Suite for guardsmen, active military personnel, veterans, retirees as well as a host of listed addendums. You also get discounts on paid Skydrive (recently, name changed to OneDrive) subscriptions – just purchase everything through Exchange.
- LifeLock – There’s a no cost, 30-day trial on services for military personnel. The promo code, MILITARYCOM also gets you 15% off services.