Are you looking for an effective skincare product to maintain a glowing and young-looking skin? The legalization of marijuana in many states in the United States led to the production of several products containing cannabidiol (CBD). In the skincare industry, these products include herbal lotions and CBD creams.
The global skincare market is currently thriving. In 2018, sales of facial skincare products worldwide stood at $62.30 billion. In the United States, the skincare market generated total revenue of $17 billion during the year. Meanwhile, experts projected a 32.9% compound annual growth rate of the worldwide CBD skincare market until 2025 from $234.1 million in 2018.
The Usefulness of CBD face cream for your skin
According to experts, there are several positive effects of CBD-based products on your skin. However, Beboe Therapies cofounder Scott Campbell advised customers to look for a certificate of authenticity when buying these products. While there are many bonuses, here are a few advantages of CBD face cream for your skin:
- Moisturizes dry skin – CBD contains balanced nutrients and substances to moisturize and nourish your skin. Dry skin can lead to pain due to itchiness and toughness. The anti-inflammatory and moisturizing effects of CBD prevent dry skin.
- Acne treatment – Do you have red blemishes on your face? You may have the skin condition called acne, which is due to the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes. Based on studies, the substances present in CBD prevent the causes of acne.
- Psoriasis alleviation – People with psoriasis experience pain and skin inflammation due to the formation of red spots and scales on the skin. CBD has anti-inflammatory properties to alleviate pain caused by this skin condition.
- Eliminates signs of skin aging – As people age, their skin starts to form wrinkles, skin dullness, and red skin tone. CBD contains antioxidants that help eliminate the visible signs of aging. It also has Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids, which help the skin looks fresh and hydrated.
- Helps manage eczema – Eczema is a skin condition affecting around 31.6% of U.S. citizens. Its signs and symptoms include skin itchiness, inflammation, cracking, and redness. CBD’s anti-inflammatory and other related features relieve inflammation and skin dryness.
Important reminders when using CBD skincare products
Generally, skin care products containing CBD are safe and can provide the effectiveness that you are looking for in a product. If you want to try them, here are some things to remember:
- Test them first on your forearm at least once a day and see if you develop rashes or other side effects. If there are no adverse effects, you can use them on your face.
- Examine the products’ labels to make sure they contain CBD. Look for a certificate of analysis (COA) to make sure of the
- Ask brand recommendations from your friends and relatives who use them. You can also obtain information from authorized dispensaries and sellers in your locality.
- Consult with your dermatologist before using a product, especially if you’re suffering from a skin condition.
- Buy smart. Only purchase products from licensed sellers to get your money’s worth.
The evidence of the positive effects of CBD as an essential ingredient in skin care products is growing. If you want to maintain healthy skin and youthful look, you can consider including CBD face cream in your skincare regimen.