Your hands are playing a vital role in your day-to-day interaction with other people and everyday life as such. You use your hands to show affection towards your loved ones, taking care of the little ones and doing household chores.
We all know the importance of washing your hands regularly. During the course of the day our hands are exposed to all sorts of dirt, germs, sunlight and harsh substances from cleaning materials for instance.
Frequent washing of hands to keep your hands sanitary and free from germs can leave them cracked or dry.
There are simple things that you can include in your daily routine to keep your hands looking and feeling good.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and Kaboutjie may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
Choosing hand creams
Creams are thicker than lotions and longer-lasting. Most people make use of water-based creams but people with extremely dry skin may opt for oil-based creams. The oil will retain the water in your skin for longer, but you may end up with residue on your hands.
When you are choosing a moisturizer for everyday use, it’s important to read the ingredients:
- Emollients – they might be water or oil-based. Emollients penetrate into the spaces between the outer cell layer of the skin and restore oils that have been washed away, leaving the skin smoother.
- Humectants – draw moisture from the air into your skin (examples: alpha hydroxy acids, urea and glycerine). They don’t work when the air is too dry.
- Preservatives – most products will contain preservatives to protect them from bacteria after the container was opened. Some preservatives may irritate sensitive skin and often you only learn through trial and error which ones work the best for you. Buying organic hand creams that contain no preservatives is another great option for people with sensitive skin.
- Fragrances – also cause skin allergies or irritations, therefore it’s best to find products with fragrances that your skin can tolerate or purchase fragrance free or organic products.
What are the top benefits of using organic hand lotions?
Organic hand lotions are made from natural ingredients which are chemical-free ingredients. They are considered for safe use and have no side-effects to the skin. They also contain minerals and vitamin which are highly beneficial to the skin.
Most organic hand oils contain Vitamin E which provides nourishment as well as Shea butter which combats dehydration and leaves your skin with a rejuvenating effect.
Another great ingredient is Aloe Vera which has wonderful hydrating properties and are present in most organic hand lotions.
Organic hand lotions contain natural moisturizing properties which means you don’t have to resort to using chemically induced hand creams. Natural is always better when it comes to your overall health.
The skin absorbs the ingredients from the organic lotions much faster and are working from beneath the skin to provide you with the best results.
It’s always a great motivation when you can make use of organic products that are safe for you skin while providing an eco-friendly option. These products don’t cause pollutants as they are not produced in factories that gives off hazardous chemicals.
A great option for sensitive skin
Organic hand lotions contain no artificial colourants, flavouring or preservatives that may cause inflammation, allergic reactions or rashes, making them a good choice for people with skin related diseases or sensitive skin.
Because a lot of organic products contain natural essential oils such as rose water, coconut oil, Aloe Vera and shea butter, they smell divine and don’t contain perfumed or artificial ingredients to enhance their scent.
9 Best organic hand creams
- Unlike other moisturising hand creams, the Salcoll Collagen hand cream contains a highly dynamic natural collagen. Most commercial creams contain harmful chemicals that can affect your skin negatively in the long run. The collagen present in this product provides an effective anti-wrinkle solution and give your hands a more youthful and supple appearance due to the proteins and elastin that is present in the collagen component.
- The formula has been perfected over years to have long-lasting moisturising effects on cracked or broken skin plus it can boost the recovery of any small external wounds or cuts.
- The natural collagen hand cream is designed to perforate deeply into the skin to restore and repair any damaged skin tissue and supply essential proteins to ensure your hands stay soft and hydrated.
- The Salcoll collagen anti-aging hand cream is non-greasy hypoallergenic and is perfect for any skin type, including sensitive skin.
It is vital that you pay the same attention to the skin on your hands as you would with the skin on your face. Your hands are used every day when doing chores or performing day-to-day activities that involves the use of hands. Your hands are exposed to frequent use of sanitisers, soaps and hand lotions that contains chemicals. This anti-aging collagen infused hand cream is the perfect solution to leave your hands with a smooth and supple appearance.
- Natural & Olive Organic Lavender body & hand cream (with aloe Vera, olive oil, coconut oil & avocado oil)
There is no question about the array of skin benefits associated with Lavender, aloe Vera, olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
Having a product at your disposal that contain all these ingredients are a major advantage and can only reap positive skincare results.
- This natural anti-aging body and hand cream is made from pure lavender and Ylang Ylang essential oils which both contain antioxidant that have the following healthy properties:
- Soothing and calming effects
- This product is an organic psoriasis and eczema treatment and provide relief for rashes, burns and other skin problems.
- This product provides intense nourishment, moisture, antioxidants and nutrients to the skin on a cellular level. The cream is non-greasy and leaves your skin nourished and silky smooth.
- The Aloe Vera, oat protein, Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E that is present in this cream instantly regenerates the skin, helps to moisturize extremely dry skin and removes and prevents stretch marks and scars.
- This product is cruelty-free and contains no parabens, gluten, dyes, EDTA, petroleum, phthalates, glycols or synthetic fragrances which makes it an all-in-all great product.
This product provides you with visible healing results and revitalises rough, over-dry and chapped hands.
- Made from AHAVA’s exclusive mineral blend mixture that was sourced from the Dead Sea’s waters and this product is enriched with mud from the Dead Sea.
- Provides protection against harsh weather conditions and provides a nourishing effect on the driest of hands.
- Also contains aloe Vera that helps soothe irritated skin, is approved for sensitive skin and allergy tested.
- Dermatologically tested and contains no parabens.
Liberally apply this product until it is bully absorbed into the skin.
This product contains certified organic ingredients which include: Vitamin E, botanical extracts, natural oil and Rose Hydrosol water which promotes control sebum productions, moisturizes the skin and provide long-lasting nourishment
- The formula is designed to soften the outer layers of the skin and deeply penetrating the inner levels.
- This nourishing and protective Olive hand cream provides a barrier against damaging radicals and aging effects, leaving the skin rejuvenated, hydrated and soft to the touch.
- Organic aloe & olive lotion for hands and body
This miracle product has received countless good reviews on the website from both men and women who found this to be one of the best products they’ve ever used.
Organic aloe & olive lotion is free of artificial colour, fragrance or chemicals.
Both Aloe Vera and ivy is known for their moisturizing and soothing effects, promotion of skin rejuvenation and prevention of sagging skin.
This product moisturizes, repairs and protects broken, cracked, dry, red, flaking and damaged hands with quick results.
- Aya natural Vegan anti-aging hand cream (with Shea, Olive, Jojoba, Tea tree & Lemon oils blend)
The Aya natural and vegan anti-aging hand cream is deeply hydrating, nourishing and provides protection. This luxury moisturizing lotion softens and restores your skin for a youthful appearance and eliminates roughness without leaving your skin feeling greasy.
- The product provides much needed relief for dry, damaged or chapped hands and is suitable for all skin types including sensitive, irritated, itchy or extremely dry skin.
- Suitable for travel or home use and has anti-aging properties.
- This luxury product is great as a gift for both men & women.
This product is specially formulated to provide intense moisture for dry skin, offer sun protection and can act in support of treatment of skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and skin inflammation, leaving your skin looking healthy and smooth.
- This product is 99% natural and contains no gluten, sulphates, phthalates or parabens and is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin.
- This premium lotion is enriched with coconut oil, almond oil, pumpkin butter, sunflower oil and shea butter which acts as a protective layer over the skin to provide you with long-lasting moisture.
- The Shea butter, almond oil and coconut oil combats anti-aging, as it boosts the skin’s collagen production therefore reducing fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin associated with signs of aging.
- Natural Mademoiselle Provence non-greasy luxury hand cream (with Shea butter, organic rose & peony)
This luxurious and indulgent hand cream is 100% made in France with organic rose and peony extracts from Provence.
- The product also contains glycerine, olive oil, shea butter and allantoin.
- Dermatologically tested and PH balanced with no parabens, phenoxyethanol, phthalates, EDTA, silicone, paraffin, synthetic dyes, sulphates or petrolatum.
- This product is 96.1% ingredients from natural origin.
- Not tested on animals.
The Maryruth brand strives to provide their clients with products that are made with integrity, has a high organic (72%) and naturally derived (95%) content and is completely non-toxic and unscented.
- The formula was designed to provide maximum absorption for dry, normal, damaged or sensitive skin.
- All products contain:
- No parabens
- No sodium
- No sulphate
- No DEA’s
- No MEA’s
- No TEA’s
- No GMO’s (Genetically modified organisms)
- No artificial colour, fragrances or fillers
- The product is not tested on animals and is ultra-hydrating, rich and luxurious blend of certified kosher and organic ingredients.
- The essential oils and plant extracts are certified organic when possible.
- The plant oils are not heat distilled, cold pressed and biodegradable whenever possible.
- The essential oils are not extracted with propylene glycol and are steam-distilled to avoid harming the positive results of the oils.
- The ingredients are wild-crafted (harvested in an environmentally friendly manner whenever possible.
- This product proofed to have positive results and are often purchased with the organic vitamin hand & body scrub by Maryruth.
Helpful tips to consider when you are looking to buy the best organic hand creams:
- Whenever you buy a product, make sure you check the label for a USDA label which represents the specific amount of organic ingredients that the product contains. There are products that are organic and others that are 100% organic. Note, a product cannot be labelled USDA when it doesn’t contain natural ingredients such as lips, lubricants, synthetic oils and several others. If a product has an USDA label, you are assured of a natural product.
- If you want to make sure that a product contains the ingredients that you are looking for, check for ingredients such as these:
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
- Aloe Vera
- Vitamin E oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Cocoa butter
- Lavender oil
- Frankincense oil
- Rose oil
- Rosemary oil
- Clary sage
- Neroli oil
- Olive oil
- Sandalwood oil and many others.
- When you have bought a product that resulted in an allergic reaction, then it’s best to avoid buying it in future as it is always better to be safe rather than sorry.