There are a lot of benefits associated with the use of essential oils. But before you start using them, you must take a few considerations into account:
- Your age.
- Underlying health conditions.
- Medication and supplement usage.
When it comes to essential oils, it’s important to take into consideration:
- The purity and chemical composition of the oil.
- The method of use.
- The duration period of use.
- The correct dosage.
Many women make use of essential oils for healing purposes, pain relief or for beauty reasons. It is essential to know how to administer or use them properly to avoid possible side effects. Some essential oils should not be used directly on the skin or before your skin is exposed to the sun.
One percent of essential oils should be diluted with carrier oil for safe use and it is recommended to do a patch test on your skin before you start using them.
In this article we will be outlining the best essential oils for beautiful skin.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and Kaboutjie may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
9 Best Essential Oils for Beautiful Skin
- Argan Oil
- Also referred to as “liquid gold” in Morocco, Argan essential oil is made from the kernels of the Argan tree and has numerous beauty benefits.
- This essential oil contains essential fatty acids, vitamin E and proteins and is great for strengthening hair and to use as a skin moisturiser. It provides hydration and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and soft. The oil is non-greasy, is easily absorbed into the skin and the ultimate natural moisturiser to use on your face, neck and all over your body.
- Jojoba Oil
- Jojoba is perfect to use as a carrier oil, has a much lighter consistency than other facial oils and is easily absorbed into the skin. This oil deeply penetrates to soothe, moisturise and leaving your skin with a healthy glow.
- Jojoba pure essential oil is loaded with Vitamin E and B nutrients, minerals and antioxidants including copper, chromium and zinc, has a long-lasting moisturising effect and it doesn’t evaporate easily like water-based moisturisers. A great oil for promoting glowing and healthy skin without leaving greasy residue and clogging pores.
- Grapeseed oil
- Grapeseed essential oil is often an ingredient in many serums or anti-aging creams due to its antioxidant and linoleic content. Grapeseed oil is non-comedogenic which means that it doesn’t clog pores and it can be applied to all skin types including sensitive skin.
- This all-natural ingredient has many beauty and health benefits such as softening lines, skin-firming ability, restoring collagen, reducing the appearance of stretch marks or fine lines and helping to treat inflammation as it contains a high content of polyphenols.
- You can add grape-seed oil to a salad, take a supplement or use it directly on your skin to promote beautiful, healthy and youthful looking skin.
- Marula oil
- Marula essential oil, also referred to as “elixir of youth” is derived from the nuts and fruit kernels of the indigenous Marula tree that grows in Africa. The Marula fruit has been used for centuries to heal a variety of skin ailments. This light oil has wonderful anti-aging properties, are loaded with antioxidants and healthy vitamins and has many beneficial uses.
- The oil can be added to shampoo, conditioner, hair treatments or bodywash to either moisturise your skin or to provide a healthy shine to dull-looking hair as a result of colouring and heat damage or as an anti-frizz treatment for your hair.
- Create your own beauty elixir by mixing Marula oil with carrier oils such as Coconut oil or Jojoba.
- Great for preventing the clogging of pores, clearing up acne, preventing breakouts and assisting your skin’s natural oil production.
- The oil is deep penetrating and non-oily and can help reduce the appearance of scars and pigmentation patches, giving you smooth and flawless skin.
- Sesame seed essential oil
- Sesame seed oil contains a blend of fatty acids including oleic, stearic, linoleic acid and palmitic that promotes soft and supple skin and diminishing the appearance of cellulite.
- This oil is also known for increasing circulation and can be used to make your own body scrub by mixing ½ ounce of brown sugar, ½ ounce of sea salt and enough sesame oil to create a smooth paste (must not be too runny).
- Japanese Camellia seed oil
- Rich in Omega 6 and 9, providing a softening effect on the skin while sealing in moisture without leaving greasy residue behind.
- Contains antioxidants that rejuvenate and revitalize hair, nails and skin.
- This natural oil is hypo-allergenic, blends easily into the skin leaving and effectively acts as a moisturiser, softening fine lines and wrinkles while restoring the skin’s tone and elasticity.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- This essential oil is a wonderful aid for dry scalp, damaged hair and brittle nails as well.
- Pomegranate seed oil
- 100% Pure Pomegranate oil with no parabens, fillers, additives, fragrance and non-GMO.
- Containing repairing antioxidants for treating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and more, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, reversing skin damage while improving skin elasticity and collagen production.
- High in Omega 5 fatty acid which has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties assisting with the treatment of acne, unclogging of pores and promoting dry scalp and hair health.
- Great for firming up the skin and providing you with youthful looking skin.
- Tea tree oil
- Tea tree oil has disinfecting properties for healing of the skin without drying it out.
- Can be used for getting rid of blackheads and treating acne-prone skin due to the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- This oil is known for calming redness, inflammation and swelling, leaving you with clear and smooth skin and assisting with reducing and prevention of acne scars.
- Can be used as a moisturiser, spot treatment remedy or as a toner by adding 3 drops of oil into 2 ounces of witch hazel.
- Moringa Oil
- Extracted from the seeds of the Moringa tree, this oil is perfect for battling skin fatigue, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and is known for giving your skin a rosy glow and providing skin with a radiant and refreshed complexion.
- Easily absorbed into the skin and has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that has a healing effect on minor skin abrasions, scrapes, bruises, burns, insect bites, rashes, sunburn and skin infections.