Nothing quite beats potatoes with every meal, they are not only tasty as can be but also versatile so you can make such a variety of dishes with them. Adding cheese to potatoes is especially tasty, which is why this is such a great recipe to have.
Here is a quick easy cheesy potatoes recipe that will keep your family happy and make cooking supper so much easier!
Quick Easy Cheesy Potatoes
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 cups of cheese (cheddar or sweetmilk, whichever you prefer)
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped (keep some parsley aside to sprinkle on top after cooking)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Slice your potatoes and onions thinly
- Layer half the potatoes in a 2 litre casserole dish
- Layer half the onions on top of the potatoes
- Drizzle half the butter on top and sprinkle half the salt, pepper and parsley on top
- Cover with 1 cup of cheese
- Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients making another layer of each ingredient
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes until cooked through
- Remove the foil and grill for a few minutes until it is crispy on top
- Sprinkle a little chopped parsley on top
This recipe will service 4 – 6 people and is a great side for any meal.