This cocoa chocolate muffins recipe came out really well and I made them on the spur of the moment when my daughter’s friend came over and she forgot to bring her chocolate muffin mix that she wanted to make with my daughter. I love that this recipe uses things that I always have on hand at home, so need to do any extra shopping to make this recipe.
Cocoa Chocolate Muffins Recipe
This cocoa chocolate muffins recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Heat your oven to 200°C
- Whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs until lightly beaten then whisk in milk, oil and vanilla essence until smooth
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Bake for 15 minutes
This cocoa chocolate muffins recipe is super easy to make and perfect for lunch boxes, picnics or playdates.