Many people relate discomfort, difficulty, and pain to pregnancy. This belief has led pregnant women to think that they have no choice but to wish for the best. On the contrary, a chiropractor will say that something can be done to make pregnancy more comfortable.
Chiropractic care maintains the spinal column, including the discs and other nerves and bones without surgery or drugs. It is considered safe for pregnant women, helping ease their discomfort and promoting safe and fast delivery.
Here are the benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy.
- Relieves common pregnancy symptoms.Pregnant women undergo hormonal changes, which triggers specific pregnancy symptoms including fatigue, headaches, nausea, and vomiting. If these symptoms are caused by an unbalanced spine or irritated spinal nerve, then chiropractic management can successfully alleviate these symptoms.
Research has found that chiropractic care can help reduce the duration and severity of morning sickness. Because morning sickness usually happens during the first trimester of pregnancy, it is highly advisable to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor early on during your pregnancy.
Today, patients can easily locate chiropractors near them since most clinics take advantage of website design companies such as thewebsitedesignagency.com in promoting their online presence.
- Boosts the immune system.As if women don’t have enough to deal with in their pregnant lives, these crazy hormonal changes can contribute to a weak immune system, making them more susceptible to illnesses. Not only is being sick uncomfortable during pregnancy, but it can also be scary considering the health and safety of your baby.
With chiropractic care, your nervous, musculoskeletal, and lymphatic systems will function adequately, supporting the immune system and reducing your risk of acquiring sickness.
- Encourage regular bowel movement.Pregnant women usually find themselves frequently going to the bathroom as the baby grows and sits on the bladder. Quite commonly, pregnant women also experience constipation with more than fifty percent, reporting bowel irregularity throughout their pregnancy.
Chiropractic care stimulates the joints and muscles surrounding the internal organs, which helps promote regular bowel movement.
- Promotes mental clarity.If you’ve ever heard of pregnancy brain, it simply means that all the physical and hormonal changes in a pregnant woman’s body are causing stress and affecting their emotional and mental health. If you are experiencing this, chiropractic care may present a practical solution.
Aside from the instant enjoyment you get while having your body manipulated and readjusted, more than three-quarters of the participants report an improvement in their emotional, mental, and stress levels with consistent chiropractic care.
- Helps minimize the risk of a cesarean section or C-section delivery.A C-section is a beautiful way to give birth where the baby is surgically removed from the mother’s womb. While some women prefer this kind of delivery, it is usually done in times of risk or emergency.
Regular chiropractic care can minimize the risk of undergoing C-section. One research found that there is a strong relationship between pregnancy chiropractic care and a minimized risk of C-section. The study also found that with chiropractic care, there is a reduced risk of needing forceps in labor.
Although more research must be done to explain this, it is the current belief that chiropractic management strengthens the body, as well as improve the general health of pregnant women.
- Promotes pelvic balance and alignment.While the belly expands to give room for the growing baby, pelvic misalignment occurs, limiting the space available for the baby. Consequently, it will be difficult for your baby to position for delivery.
With regular chiropractic care, proper pelvic balance and alignment is maintained, thus giving room for the baby to position appropriately in preparation for delivery. Chiropractic care is also beneficial in preventing or correcting babies in breech presentation.
- Improves nervous system functions.When the spine is aligned correctly, your nervous system can also function as expected. The body can perform well in accommodating the changes it undergoes during pregnancy.
Chiropractic care can help pregnant women’s bodies to adjust to these changes and at the same time provide relief from pregnancy symptoms.
- Enables faster labor and easier delivery.Pregnancy chiropractic care is proven to reduce the time for labor and delivery significantly. By getting the baby in proper position and ensuring that you have proper posture, delivery should be more convenient. Proper alignment of the pelvis also prepares your body for a natural delivery.
A chiropractor can teach you safe and effective stretches and exercises that will allow your body to prepare for natural and easier labor and delivery.
- Provides relief from low back pain.Health experts say that a healthy weight gain should be around 30 pounds, where the abdominal weight places a significant frontal load. This added weight can result in changes in posture.
As your belly grows, your posture changes to give way to the growth of your baby. The way you stand, sleep, and move around changes during pregnancy. As your uterus expands with the growing baby, the abdominal muscles stretch and start losing their capacity to support the frontal weight. The forward shift in posture causes pain and discomfort in the lower back.
With chiropractic care, alignment of the spine helps the body adjust naturally to these changes, giving relief to lower back pain due to spinal pressure. There is no need to take pain relief medications, which is immensely beneficial for you and your developing baby.
- Promotes overall well-being.Chiropractic care and management help the body recuperate by adequately adjusting the joints and muscles. It aids in the optimal body functioning by eliminating obstruction in the spinal column nerves. Chiropractic care provides solutions to common pregnancy problems, promoting a healthier pregnancy.
- Facilitates a faster recovery.In the third trimester of pregnancy, the body increases the levels of the hormone called relaxin. This hormone helps loosen the joints in the pelvic area to give way for the enlarged uterus, as well as in preparation for birth. Unfortunately, loosening of the joints reduces the joint’s stability and further changes posture.
Chiropractic care will help realign these joints and prevent potential pains and problems, helping your body recover fast. Chiropractic care includes manipulation of the spine, mobilization of joints, as well as soft tissue therapy to relieve pain and discomfort. Part of chiropractic treatment involves management of postnatal posture complaints to help ensure faster recovery.
Pregnancy is a beautiful time to appreciate the wonders of a woman’s body, as well as celebrate a new life. However, pregnancy comes with certain symptoms that make it difficult for a woman. With the advancements in medical researches, it has been found that chiropractic care can help address these symptoms to make pregnancy more comfortable.