Potty training your child is an important milestone, your child gains independence and your nappy changing days are coming to a close. Not having to pay the huge expense of nappies is also something to look forward to.
Here are some potty training tips:
- Let your child watch you on the toilet and explain what you are doing.
- Leave a potty in the bathroom and encourage your child to sit on it (with or without pants on) when you go to the toilet.
- Praise your child for every little achievement on the potty.
- Give your child a reward (for eg a sweet or a sticker) for every achievement.
- Make a big thing of letting your child choose his/ her own underwear at the shop
- Stay patient, understanding and supportive of your child, especially when there are accidents. You an also buy your child a book about potty training.
- Take your child to the toilet or potty regularly throughout the day especially straight after meals when they are more likely to need the toilet.
- Plan any trips out with potty training in mind. Take your child to the toilet before leaving the house and immediately on arrival at the destination. When leaving the destination take your child to the toilet again. Always carry a few sets of spare clothes when out!
- Get your child a nice book about learning to use the potty that you can read to him or her.
Keep in mind that while there are a few differences potty training girls vs boys the basic process is the same.
Have you got any additional tips for parents that are potty training?
You need to login in order to like this post: click here