Joining the Amazon family and setting up an Amazon baby registry on the website is a service that assists expectant parents to communicate gift preferences to family and friends, plus you can enjoy an array of other benefits, just by being a registered Member on the website.
If you would like to set up a registry with items that are gender based, it is recommended to wait until about twenty weeks of pregnancy until you are sure whether you’re expecting a baby boy or a girl.
***Disclosure -The links in this post contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.***
Reasons to set up an Amazon baby registry for your baby shower:
- Large selection:
Amazon offers a huge selection of over 270 000 baby products. You should have no trouble in finding the desired items that you want to add to your registry.
- Universal registry:
Items from any website can easily be added to your registry.
The website is easy to use. When you find an item that you like, you have the option to either add it to your basket or to your baby registry. You an also remove items from the registry.
- Mobile friendly:
By downloading the Amazon app, you can instantly manage and update your registry from your mobile phone or tablet, whenever and wherever you choose to do so.
- 90-Day returns:
You can return any item 90 days from date of receipt of shipment.
- Completion discount
This benefit provides a one-time discount on certain items remaining on your registry. You can redeem it within 60 days of your due date and only you, as the registrant, can receive it. You will get a 10 percent discount, but if you are an Amazon Prime Member, you can receive up to 15 percent off.
- The Starter checklist:
New parents can find it tough at first to remember every single item that they might need for their bundle of joy that is on his/her way.
The checklist takes you through the different categories i.e. bath time, diapering, feeding, health and safety, and decorating the nursery.
Even people that are expecting a second or third child can benefit from this feature.
- Ideas & inspiration tab:
At the top of your registry, you will find the “Ideas and Inspiration” tab. In this section you can browse the most popular products, browse brand and video guides, plus check out additional checklists for bargains.
- Sharing options available:
You can share a link to your registry with friends on Facebook, followers on Twitter, or via email. You can also choose whether you would like to share your registry privately or publicly.
- Thank you list & returns:
If you would like to start creating your thank you cards or need to return an item, this is the link to click on.
Helpful tips when creating a baby registry:
- To access your Amazon Baby Registry, select Account & Lists from the top navigation. Under Your Lists, click Baby Registry.
- You, your friends, and your family can access your registry from the Amazon mobile app.
- Only purchasers can track the packages. You cannot track items purchased by others from your registry.
- Return to the Baby Registry Settings section and click the Delete your registry button at the bottom, when you need to delete a registry that you no longer need.
- Click the Baby Registry FAQ from the top of your registry for additional information or questions.
Additional benefits for Amazon prime members:
- Receive a one-time 15 percent discount off on certain items remaining on your registry.
- Receive up to 20 percent discount off diapers, baby food and other baby essentials.
- Receive an Amazon baby registry welcome box with a selection of full, travel and sample size products for baby and parents-to-be.
To get the Amazon baby registry welcome box you will need to be a member of Amazon prime. If you aren’t already a member, you can currently sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime.
You can cancel at any time within the 30-day trial, and you then won’t be charged the $99 annual fee.
- Eligible products will come with free two-day Prime Shipping, free photo storage, exclusive coupons, unlimited music streaming, Prime Video streaming, and more.
- Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household. If you purchase a Prime membership for a small business, you may invite up to four co-workers to shop with this corporate account.
How do you find a baby registry on Amazon?
You can search for the Baby Registry of your friends, family, and co-workers. Within one to six hours of their creation baby registries are searchable. In the: “Find a Registry” section you enter first and last name or email address to find the baby registry you are looking for.
Amazon also offer the following services:
- Parenting tips, product recommendations, exclusive deals and coupons when shopping on their website.
- A Gift card section available where you can purchase gift cards with categories where you can view or reload your balance, choose for which occasion you are buying and whether it is for a business or person and they even provide you with helpful tips against common gift card scams.
- Free shipping for all purchases over $25.
- Not only do they offer a baby registry, but also a wedding registry for interested parties.
- Email newsletter with handy tips, discount offers and product information.
- Daily deals and coupons available for redemption.
- Bonus: Monthly sweepstakes when adding Britax items to your registry. The sweepstakes end on the 31st of December 2018. You stand a chance to win a $2500 gift card towards your baby registry. (See website for details). No purchase necessary.
If you are a new parent-to-be, whether birth or adoption, the Amazon Baby Registry, is the best place to find what you are looking for. You can browse a huge selection of products, receive discounts, share your registry with loved ones, and avoid receiving duplicate items.
I wish I knew this earlier. Now I am 37 weeks pregnant and about to pop