When you’re expecting a baby, you do a lot of shopping because there is just so much you have to buy for a newborn. You have to get diapers, mittens and a host of other new equipment for them. One of the hardest things that you will also have to decide is what kind of stroller you are going to be buying for your baby.
If you are a new mom or dad who is looking for a first (or second or third) stroller, you usually consider a lot of factors. Some of them are:
- How high you want the stroller to be
- Where you are going to be using the stroller. Is it just for trips to the park, or even for family vacations in hilly areas?
- How often you will take the stroller with you?
- Whether or not it will fit into the trunk of your car
- If it’s convertible into a bassinet or not
- How heavy it is. Remember, either you or your partner is going to be lifting the stroller into and out of your vehicle
- How easy it is to store the stroller
- If your baby will be comfortable in it
- How many strollers will you need? Will you need an umbrella stroller as well? Will you need a jogging stroller?
- And last but not least, the size of your wallet
When you come up with a list of what you want, it will be easier to pick out the stroller that is meant just for you. If you’re willing to splurge on the stroller experience though, the Stokke Xplory and the Bugaboo Cameleon are two types to consider.
The Stokke Xplory is one of the most renowned European strollers on the market. Most parents like the stroller because let’s face it, it is such a stylish stroller. This model can be used on any flat terrain with no problems. The Xplory comes in many colors, it is long-lasting and most people find it a good fit for their infants regardless of age. That said, any person considering buying this model should be aware that it has its pros and cons.
The Pros of the Xplory
- Most parents who love this model like the fact that anyone can adjust the seat so that the baby is at eye level with anyone who has a stroller. This makes the Xplory especially convenient for tall couples
- It is a beautiful stroller. The Xplory is a beautiful machine and those who own one get to show it off
- The seat has two facing options. You can either turn your child to face you and make funny faces during your walks or turn it the other way and allow him or her to get a peek at the surroundings
- The Xplory comes with a small storage space at the front where you can throw your keys and snacks before heading out on your strolls
- It has a large umbrella that completely protects babies from harsh sunlight or rainfall
- Its seat is well padded, providing an extra level of protection for your baby
- Stokke Xplory strollers are made of aluminum meaning that they are durable
- The strollers are narrow, so you have an easier time strolling through crowded sidewalks and supermarkets
- It is easy to adjust the stroller to accommodate the aging baby
- Parents have the option of adding a second seat to the stroller. Convenient when you have two babies
- The Xplory has a three-piece folding system, meaning it is harder to fold than most other strollers
- It is a heavy stroller weighing in at about 13kg so you might have a harder time loading it into the trunk
- It is made for smoother terrain. Take it off the road, and you will have a very hard time maneuvering it
- It takes up a lot of storage space
- The Xplory also does not have a reverse handle
With its high seating and elegant looks, this stroller is all about making a statement. If you are more into form than practicality, it is the stroller for you. Those who live in the suburbs should have no problem with this stroller though.
The Bugaboo Cameleon
Even the name of this stroller makes you think of how cute it is. With over ten colors and customized selections to choose from the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 is a popular baby stroller. It is just one of those rare strollers that not only look good but feel even better. The Cameleon 3 is great for the pavement strolling experience but can also handle itself off road on surfaces such as sand.
- It’s a fashionable stroller that comes in a wide range of colors and customized canopies and accessories
- Because it weighs less than the Xplory, this model is easier to move around with
- The Cameleon has wonderful suspension that makes it suitable for use even when off road
- This stroller is easy to fold owing to its two-piece folding system. It also folds into compact model that takes up less space than the Xplory
- The Cameleon has a reverse handle that lets you take your baby in any direction
- It can split into a push-chair and bassinet which is very convenient especially when you’re loading the bay into the car
- Each time you want to fold the stroller, you have to take out the seat which usually takes time
- This model is less durable than the Xplory so it may need some light handling
- Users cannot adjust this stroller to go with the baby size as the baby ages
The Bugaboo Cameleon 3 is a great choice of stroller if you’re going for practical, especially if you don’t live in the city. It is a fun stroller to walk with because it is light and has good suspension. All in all in comes down to style vs function. In my opinion the Stokke Xplory has more style but the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 is still very stylish but is more practical because it’s lighter and can handle off road better. Which one is better? It all depends on what you want to use it for.