Baby playpens can provide you with benefits that will make your job as a Mommy a lot easier. They are versatile and easy to move around, unlike camping cots or other baby products that needs to be assembled and disassembled.
First consider where and how you’ll be using the playpen (just at home, while travelling or both) to determine which option is the best baby playpen for your specific needs.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and Kaboutjie may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
7 Baby playpen benefits you need to know:
If your baby or toddler is sharing a room with another sibling but you need to put your baby down for his nap, the playpen can easily be moved to another room. The same applies when you need your baby to nap in a different location i.e. hotel away from home, visiting relatives in another town or the babysitter’s house. When your baby is used to napping in another area or room (other than his nursery or bedroom) he will be more likely to fall asleep in new locations.
A mom has a wide variety of things that need to get done. Sometimes the phone rings or you must start dinner and it’s challenging to keep your eyes on your baby or busy toddler all the time. By using the playpen, you can quickly do what you need to do without worrying about the safety of your child.
- Promoting independent playtime
By using the playpen, you can encourage “ alone” playtime by putting them into the playpen with a few toys. This is done under supervision of course but it allows babies or toddlers to play, move or bounce around without getting hurt by hitting their heads or falling on tiles.
- Beach or camping trips
If your are going to the beach or camping out for the day, putting the playpen underneath shelter or an umbrella is a lifesaver. This is especially helpful if you have a baby that is not walking already.
- Family homes
Having your children stay over at Mom’s house and your children need to take a nap, it can be very helpful to have a playpen set up which is safer and more convenient than having to put them down in a bedroom and being worried about them rolling off the bed. Playpens are easily broken down or put up which makes them a great choice.
- High drop-offs
If you are at a place with high decks and steep stairs or a backyard with a steep drop off, having a playpen set up allows baby to play and move around in adequate space, plus allowing you to be hands-free.
- New-born in the room
When Moms need to get up a few times during the night for feeds it can be very convenient to make use of a playpen. Mom doesn’t have to get up and walk to the next room every time plus baby is close by to check on.
There are a great selection of playpens available on the market. But how do you know which one you should buy? You get different types and sizes available. Plus, you need to consider if you’ll be using it for indoor and outdoor activities. Will you be using it in different rooms or places or will it be sitting in one room only. Some playpens are better for moving around and others are a little trickier to break down or put up all the time.
Here are a few examples of playpens that you can consider:
*Best baby playpen for multiple use – Regalo indoor and outdoor 6 panel portable baby playpen
- Measures 48 inches wide and 26 inches tall and has a nylon bottom for protection against rough surfaces.
- Lightweight and portable, easy to set up or break down.
- Includes and arm strap and carry case for when you’re on the go.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use and is water resistant.
- The all-steel frame and reinforced stitching plus safety-lock feature makes this the perfect safe option when considering playpens.
- Easily cleaned and suitable for children 6-24 months and can be used for pets as well.
All-in-all a great choice.
*Wooden playpens for babies – 8 Panel foldable wooden baby playpen
- Made with solid pine wood.
- Individual panels measures 35 inches wide and 28 inches tall.
- 10 Bars per side.
- Playpen includes 8 panels including one opening gate.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
*Large baby playpen – Ashtonbee 16 panel multicolored playpen activity centre
- The big non-restrictive space provide enough room for playing, walking, crawling, lying down or learning to stand up.
- Providing kids entertainment while you’re doing household chores or just taking a break.
- Easy set-up.
- The playpen has multicolored panels with shapes and designs allowing kids to learn while playing.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Made from high-quality materials with rubber feet to keep it sturdy and the panels intact providing long-term use.
- This product has a 100 percent lifetime warranty and money back guarantee.
Amazon.com offers a great selection of the best baby playpens, wooden playpens for babies as well as large baby playpens.
The offer free shipping for orders over $25 and a range of other benefits for prime members.
A playpen is a great option for providing you with a safe space to keep your child when you need to catch up on housework, get ready for work or start preparing a meal.
It should however not be overused, as it can be restrictive to your child.
Playpens come in handy from round about when your child starts crawling at about six or seven months. You can purchase the playpen beforehand so that the child get get used to it.
Playpens are not just a safe option, they’re also good looking and easy to assemble or disassemble.
Before purchasing one, think careful about how you’ll be using it, so that you can make the best decision when buying a playpen that will suit your needs best.