Beeswax wraps are made from GOTS certified organic cotton which is often made from sustainably sourced beeswax, tree resin and jojoba oil. The combination of ingredients is used for creating malleable food wraps that can be re-used.
Simply wrap a beeswax wrap around pieces of food or over a casserole dish or bowl. You can use it for wrapping veggies, cheese, fruit, bread, fresh herbs and baked goods to keep it fresh for longer.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
4 Great Reasons To Use Beeswax Wraps
- Eco-friendly alternative to plastic baggies
With all the buzz that is created around following an eco-friendly lifestyle and using less plastic, reusable beeswax wraps offer a great alternative for wrapping sandwiches for lunch instead of using plastic bags.
- Keeping food fresh
It happens all the time that you don’t need an entire lime or lemon for a recipe. Instead of cluttering your fridge with putting citrus halves in containers, simply wrap them in a wrap.
Sometimes you need a variety of cheese for your cheese platter and almost always we must throw away the remaining wedges after they’ve gone mouldy or hard in the fridge after a few days. It’s not as easy to store cheese like keeping left-over stew into a Pyrex dish. Now you can wrap the leftover cheeses in wraps and keep them fresh for longer.
Beeswax wraps are also perfect for wrapping nuts, biltong or dried-fruit snacks when you’re going on a road trip or a hike.
- Reusable and long-lasting
Beeswax wraps are reusable and easily cleaned with cool water and a mild detergent. Simply hang them out to dry and re-use. An excellent substitute for Ziploc bags or plastic wrap.
- Mixing it up
Although you get the traditional wrap designs, there are many eye-catching design and colour options available on the market today. You can mix and match the different patterns to set the family members’ lunches or snacks apart.
Making your own beeswax wraps is not too hard, click here to find out how.
Amazon.com stocks an amazing range of beeswax wraps and we’ve picked a few of our favourites to share with you.
Best Beeswax Wraps
- Eco-life Home design – Mind your Beeswax reusable food wraps (4-piece)
Wrapping up fresh produce, cheese, bread and snacks is easy with these eco-friendly wraps for food storage.
- They generally last up to a year with normal use.
- Easily cleaned with water and mild detergent and left out to dry.
- A variety pack with four wraps in three sizes. Perfect for covering avocado, cut produce, bread and more. Small (1x): 7×8, Medium (2x)10×11 and Large (1x) 13×14.
- Simply warm the wraps with your hands and seal them around food items.
- Made from organic cotton fabric, jojoba oil and beeswax.
- 100 Percent biodegradable.
- For every unit sold, a tree is planted in a deforested section of the world (in collaboration with One Tree Planted)
- Geobless – 8-Piece Eco-friendly beeswax wraps and reusable produce bags
- Reusable beeswax wrapping sheet to help protect fruits, cheeses, bread and snacks.
- A sustainable material, manufactured from bee’s wax, natural tree resin, 100% organic cotton and jojoba oil.
- A naturally anti-bacterial, safer, reusable and easily cleaned option.
- Using the heat of your hands to wrap food without hassle.
- Comes in multiple sizes: small, medium and large.
- Includes string and DIY buttons for improved convenience when wrapping food.
- GOTS-certified and organic cotton produce bags included. Made from a combination of 2 x cotton and 2 x mesh, complete with drawstring with adjustable wood bead toggle and tare weight tags
- Lilybee – 3-pack reusable food wraps
- These reusable wraps are designed and crafted by hand in New Zealand.
- Mom-tested and kid-friendly.
- 2 x Large 13×13”, 1 x Medium 10×13” and 1 x Small 7×8.5”.
- Can last up to a year when used correctly.
- Biodegradable, reusable and washable.
- Made from 100% Cotton, tree resin, organic coconut oil and a solution of beeswax.
- One hundred percent money back guarantee if you’re not completely satisfied with the product. Fully refundable and no questions asked.
- Bee’s wrap – Reusable sandwich food wraps
- These reusable wraps are compostable, washable and reusable.
- Use the warmth of your hands to soften the wrap and place it over a bowl or around a piece of food. As the wraps cool down, they create a seal to store food naturally.
- Wash with cool water and a mild soap and air dry.
- The natural anti-bacterial properties contained in the beeswax and jojoba oil help to keep food fresh and allows the Bee’s wraps to be used over and again.
- Made from eco-friendly ingredients, including sustainably harvested beeswax, organic cotton, tree resin and organic jojoba oil. The fabric and printing of Bee’s wrap are certified and made to Global Organic Textile standards. The packaging is manufactured from 100% biodegradable cellulose and recycled paper. Once your wraps have reached the end of their life cycle, they can be use as a natural fire starter or compost.
- Green-America certified – Bee’s wraps aim to provide positive social change and bettering the lives of employees, customers, the planet and communities.
- The lunch pack includes: 2 x Medium 10×11” wraps and 1 x sandwich wrap 13×13” in the brand-new Bees & Bears print.
- Crafted by hand in Vermont.
- Lasts up to a year when used a few times during the week.
Beeswax wraps are an excellent eco-friendly substitute to plastic bags. Traditional plastics are used for short periods of time and they can remain in the environment for up to 2000 years. Beeswax wraps are made generally made from 100% cotton, pure Jojoba oil, tree resin and beeswax. They are biodegradable, can be used over and over for up to a year when used correctly and are easily cleaned. More and more companies are investing their resources and time into manufacturing products which are sustainable and good for the environment. Beeswax wraps are just one of those products that can make a positive and influential difference when you consider reducing the carbon footprint on the environment. Not only are they eco-friendly, they are super convenient and can save you money since they can be used more than once.