I’ve written a few articles about cosmetic surgery and while so many moms are keen to get a mommy makeover or have a breast augmentation there are many moms (me included) that can’t bear the thought of surgery. The idea of being cut open is simply not appealing to me, nor the thought of more scars and the truth is that I just can’t afford any downtime from a surgical procedure since I have two small kids and my own business to run.
Many moms have spent a considerable amount of effort exercising and eating well, yet still have problem areas that they would love to improve to their pre-pregnancy state.
Are you wanting to lose weight after having a baby? So how do you remove belly fat without surgery? Or any other area of stubborn fat?
Coolsculpting For Weight Loss
Coolsculpting (also known as Cryolipolysis) is a treatment process that can remove fat cells without surgery. Using cooling technology fat cells are frozen without causing damage to the skin. These fat cells then get crystallized and destroyed before being absorbed by the body, passed through kidneys and excreted in urine.
How Much Does Coolsculpting Cost?
Treatment plans will vary depending very much on your body type, the amount of fat that you have and where the fat is. Results also vary from person to person – some people will need to have more sessions than others.
SDBotox (coolsculpting in San Diego) charge $750 per area and state that the average is 4 areas per patient so you can work on an estimated $3000 for a treatment plan.
The best would be to find a coolsculpting specialist and get a personalized quote.
Coolsculpting Pros and Cons
- Does not involve surgery
- It is a non-invasive way to reduce fat
- It is FDA approved
- It is a more natural approach
- There is usually no downtime which means you can continue with normal activities immediately afterwards
- Procedures are relatively quick, taking about 30 minutes an area
- Patients can relax, read, sleep, check emails or watch tv while having a treatment
- While you may feel something, the procedure is relatively pain free
- While there can be some side effects they are not as extreme as many other surgical procedures
- Coolsculpting cannot target large amounts of fat, it is only able to reduce stubborn fat in smaller amounts. This means that if you are obese it will not work for you, it is intended for problem areas only and not a solution to obesity.
- The effects take a few weeks to a few months to be seen, so fat reduction is not immediate.
- The procedure can be done at a dermotologist or an office that does cosmetic procedures, it is not necessary to go into hospital.
- The results are not permanent, you will need to continue with a healthy diet and exercise to maintain the effects otherwise you will just gain the fat back.
- There can be some side effects
Coolsculpting Side Effects
During the procedure you may feel discomfort, numbness, pinching, pulling, aching or tugging, however many patients report feeling no discomfort at all.
Some common side effects include:
- reduced feeling in the treatment area
These side effects are not permanent. While they may be annoying they won’t stop you from going about your normal activities. Many patients report these common side effects.
More extreme side effects include:
- severe skin numbness
- bloating of treatment area
- extreme pain at treatment area
Common side effects occur straight after treatment and can last for a day up to a few weeks. Extreme side effects can last for a few days. If you have a coolsculpting treatment and any side effects are long lasting you need to consult with your doctor.
While the FDA has approved Coolsculpting as a safe medical treatment there can be risks with medical treatments. Along with the common and extreme side effects mentioned above, there is a rare side effect that has been reported – paradoxical adipose hyperplasia. This is mostly reported with men and instead of the fat cells growing smaller and being destroyed they grow bigger. While this is not a dangerous side effect physically it has the opposite effect intended for the cosmetic treatment.
It is also important to check with your doctor to determine if coolsculpting is suitable for you. While coolsculpting is considered a safe treatment for most people if you have one of these conditions you should not consider this treatment:
Surgical procedures like liposuction and tummy tucks are much more aggressive procedures that will be able to remove a lot more fat than coolsculpting. However having cosmetic surgery comes with a lot more pain, possible scarring (depending on the procedure), more downtime and higher risks than coolsculpting.
It is always important to discuss all options with your doctor, along with the possible risks to decide what the best course of action is for you.
You need to login in order to like this post: click here
Also published on Medium.