More couples opt for matching silicone wedding bands due to the advantages associated with them. In this article we tell you a bit more about them and why you should consider getting them.
The advantages of matching silicone wedding bands:
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and Kaboutjie may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
- They are comfortable
Traditional wedding bands tend to be uncomfortable as they can be tight-fitting in on warm days due to your fingers swelling. One always must remember to take them off when going to the gym, doing the dishes or doing other activities which may cause possible damage to them. A Silicone wedding band can be bought at a fraction of the price and be worn all the time without the worry of losing or having to repair them. Some people can’t wear jewellery due to allergic reactions from the metal-content. For them a silicone band is the perfect alternative. Moms are always busy with their hands. From assisting with school projects to doing chores or changing nappies. A silicone ring is durable and can withstand movement, all sorts of environments and chemicals. They are flexible and soft and can be worn while basically doing anything. Athletes find them to be very useful as they no longer have weightlifting calluses or issues with sliding metals getting in the way.
- A safe option
Silicone rings are a safe option for people that do hard labour or that work in professions with conditions where a wedding ring can pose a risk of causing injury to the soft tissue and result in partial or complete loss of a finger. Medical-grade silicone rings are an excellent choice for doctors and nurses who work in the medical industry and having to wear gloves. Military personnel use their hands often as part of their job. Many do not wear their wedding bands for safety reasons. Silicone rings offer an easy alternative which enables them to also wear a ring without putting their fingers at risk.
First responders like firefighters, police officers and paramedics must think on their feet and respond to an emergency quickly and efficiently. The last thing they need is to have their wedding band getting snagged or caught on clothing or other articles. That’s why many of these individuals consider silicone wedding bands.
- They are highly versatile
Since a silicon wedding band doesn’t pose any of the risks that a traditional ring normally does, there is no need to take it off when you’re coming off work and going straight to the gym. There is no threat of it getting lost or stolen, therefore you can take it with you wherever you’re going.
- They are fashionable
Silicone rings offer an excellent non-traditional way of getting the message across that you’re off the market while showing off your unique personality. They are available in different styles and colours, plus they are stackable. You can mix and match them according to your mood or wardrobe or wear them whichever way you prefer.
- They are replaceable
Silicone rings are inexpensive, especially when compared to the hefty prices of traditional gold wedding bands. If you should lose your ring, it can be easily replaced without shedding a tear. More couples are considering silicone wedding bands these days due to their many benefits and instead of spending thousands of Rands on traditional wedding bands, they rather use some of the money towards their honeymoon or something else.
3 Gorgeous Matching Silicone wedding bands
Mada rings – Silicone Engagement or wedding rings
- These rings are engraved with a timeless and stylish fish symbol.
- Available in a 3-pack with grey, blue and black colour choices.
- These rings are flexible and made from hypo-allergenic, heat-resistant and 100% medical-grade silicone.
- An elegant and durable choice for outdoor activities, everyday tasks, or as an anniversary gift.
- This product has a one hundred percent money-back guarantee.
Forever Paris Silicone wedding/Promise rings with bag and meaningful card
- His and her ring set with a slightly thinner white silicone band for her and a normal thick black band for him.
- Forever Paris eternity rings, perfect for partners and even friends to show someone that you care about them.
- This high-quality silicone wedding bands are FDA approve, non-stretch and washable.
- Comes with a strong deep green velvet bag and white gold scripted meaningful card.
- 90-Day, 100 percent money returnable guarantee.
- Made from superior quality hypo-allergenic and anti-fungal medical-grade silicone and will not stretch with time. The rings are manufactured from precise stainless-steel moulds to provide a perfect fit. Made with safety in mind to keep your ring finger safe from possible jamming, catching or pinching and are designed to break away once it is placed under pressure.
- Perfect for individuals with an active lifestyle. Fit for doing outdoor activities i.e. biking, running, trekking, lifting or climbing.
- 5mm Three-colour silicone ring pack.
- Perfect gift for Mother’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries and more.
- Offers a full sizing guarantee and item will be replaced if the size ordered is different from your expectations.
For safety reasons, many people choose not to wear their wedding bands when at work. Silicone rings are comfortable, attractive, non-conductive and heat-resistant, making them a safe option for people working in professions which require safely working with their hands every day. They are also hypo-allergenic and an excellent option for people that can’t wear gold or other jewellery that can cause an allergic skin reaction. Others prefer to take their wedding bands off before going to the Gym or engaging in outdoor activities in fear of it getting lost or stolen. Silicon rings is a comfortable, affordable and safe alternative to traditional wedding bands as they are tough and durable for everyday wear and will break once placed under significant pressure. They are easily replaced and an excellent non-traditional way of letting others know you are off the dating market. More and more couples consider buying these rings since they are a whole lot cheaper than your customary wedding bands and if something happens to them, you can just buy another one without having to worry about the huge expense.