This is another awesome video from Grace Stevens, with her guest Astrid from The Sweet Rebellion, showing how to make Rainbow Coconut Ice. Grace made these for her daughter’s birthday party and I think these make for stunning birthday party treats. They will fit any theme, especially if you have a unicorn themed party… or a princess or fairy party.
***Disclosure -The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.***
One day when I make all the eats for my kids parties, when I turn into a domestic goddess I am so going to try making these… ok wait that, that day probably won’t ever arrive, so I will just have to make them one weekend with my kids just for the fun of it!
- Mix the icing sugar, coconut and condensed milk together until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the mixture equally into 5 different bowls – one bowl for each colour.
- In each bowl add a few drops of food colouring and mix thoroughly.
- Take one colour and squash it into a 15cm tin in an even layer – you can use a flat bottom glass to squash it in.
- Repeat the process with each colour so there is a layer of each colour.
- Leave it to set for 3 – 4 hours.
- After it has set run a knife along the edge of the tin to loosen it so you can turn it out easily.
- Grease a sharp knife lightly to make cutting through it much easier and cut it into blocks.