I found this lovely recipe on Youtube for a no bake strawberry cheesecake pie and I had to give it a try. This is the first cheesecake I have ever made and it came out absolutely perfectly. There were some changes that I made though which accounts for the brown top layer on my cheesecake compared to the one in the video!
The video uses raspberries for that layer and my 6 year old daughter and I love blueberries so we switched the ingredients – for some reason after it set overnight the colour changed from purple to brown which was a disappointment but it tasted divine.
We used a mixture of Tennis biscuits and Marie biscuits, same like I use for making my lemon meringue pie recipe.
The other change we made is we used a much larger dish so we doubled the recipe and I am so glad we did because this was so super tasty.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and Kaboutjie may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
Strawberry Cheesecake Pie Ingredients:
- 100g biscuits
- 50g butter
- 200g yogurt
- 250g cream cheese
- 200ml heavy cream
- 12 strawberries
- 90g sugar
- 10g gelatin
Top Raspberry Layer:
- 50ml water
- 50g sugar
- 100g raspberries
- 4g gelatin
- Crush the biscuits, melt the butter and mix thoroughly together
- Push the biscuit mix into an 18cm cake dish to form the base
- Cut the strawberries in half and use them to edge the cake tin
- Whisk the cream cheese in a bowl until just smooth, add the yogurt and whisk until just smooth (don’t overmix)
- Add the sugar and cream to a saucepan and turn on the heat while stirring. Add the gelatin that you have soaked in water to the pot and whisk until the sugar and gelatin have dissolved completely.
- Add the cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture and whisk until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin
- To make the raspberry to layer add the sugar and water to a saucepan and turn on the heat. Add the gelatin that has been soaked in water and whisk until everything has dissolved.
- Add the water and gelatin mix into a bowl with the raspberries and blend with a hand blender.
- Strain the raspberry mixture through a sieve before adding it to the top of the cheesecake.
- Refridgerate your cheesecake overnight before eating.