This wholewheat toast with guacamole and lemony-fried mushrooms recipe serves 2 and is the perfect lunch time meal – it ticks all the boxes and tastes divine.
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ tomato, deseeded and diced
- ½ red chilli, chopped (optional)
- salt and milled black pepper
- 15ml oil
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 5ml paprika
- 5ml lemon zest
- 10ml lemon juice
- 2 slices wholewheat toast
- 15ml fresh thyme or parsley, chopped
- Mix the avocado, tomato and chilli, if using, in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Season with the paprika, lemon zest and juice.
- Divide the guacamole between the toasts and top with the fried mushroom mixture.
- Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley.
Recipe and image supplied by The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association