This easy savoury tart recipe is based on the quick shake Tupperware savoury tart recipe that my mother has been making for many years. I remember her making this for us as kids all the time.
I love that this recipe is so quick and easy to make, plus if I make it as per the recipe it makes a small tart but if I want to make a bigger one the recipe doubles perfectly. You can also make it with any filling of your choice, but I recommend avoiding any ingredients that are too watery, such as tomatoes.
Please note that this recipe is supposed to be made using the Tupperware 500ml Quick Shake, which I don’t have. I just throw it into my Nature’s Nutrition smoothie container instead and it comes out great.
The really important thing to remember with this recipe, that my mother hammered home to me and that is stated on the Tupperware website – make sure to add the ingredients in the order they are listed. Apparently if you don’t do this it will flop. My mom swears by it but I have not taken the chance of doing it the other way so I can’t share what will happen.
Quick Savoury Tart Ingredients:
For The Filling:
- Filling of your choice – today I made salami and olives, which was so super tasty
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
For The Tart:
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs (I like to use fresh herbs from my garden instead)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Grease a small dish – I used a 1 litre dish (shown in the photos). If you are doubling the recipe then use a bigger dish.
- Place your filling ingredients and grated onion into the dish first, then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place all the other tart ingredients into your Tupperware Quick Shake (or into another container with a leak proof lid) in the exact order that they are written in the ingredients list. Shake well.
- Pour the mixture over your fillings in the dish. Bake for 35 minutes.
Ideas For Savoury Tart Fillings
I love this savoury tart recipe because I can just add whatever ingredients I like and it always turns out fantastic. It makes a great lunch, snack or lunchbox filler.
Here are some good savoury tart fillings I have tried out with this recipe:
- salami and olives (pictured in this post)
- spinach and feta
- bacon and leek
- ham and mushroom
- mushroom and leek
- asparagus and feta
- viennas (the kids love this – I just add chopped viennas)
- baby marrows
If you have any more filling ideas for this easy savoury tart recipe please let me know so I can try them out!