This chocolate button muffin recipe is adapted from my favourite blueberry muffin recipe. I made it exactly the same except I swopped the blueberry muffins for Nova Choc-Oh-Late milk chocolate baking buttons and it came out beautifully.
Chocolate Button Muffin Recipe
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup of oil
- 1 egg
- approximately ½ cup of milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1 cup Nova Choc-Oh-Late milk chocolate baking buttons
- Whisk the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together in a bowl
- Add the egg and oil to a measuring jug then add milk up to the 1 cup line
- Add vanilla essence to the measuring jug and whisk
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together with a fork until just combined (don’t overmix)
- Fold the chocolate baking buttons into the batter
- Add the batter to cupcake holders – you can make 6 large muffins, 8 medium muffins or 12 mini muffins.
- Bake at 180°C – baking time will depend on the size of the muffins and your oven – approximately 15 minutes for mini muffins, 20 minutes for medium size and 30 minutes for large muffins.
These muffins were a huge hit with my family, especially my kids. I’m definitely going to be making these for lunch box treats for my hubby and kids.