If you’re looking for a little help to keep up with your New Year fitness resolutions, then you should consider a fitness tracker. Your new ‘partner’ will keep you updated on how many steps you’re taking and how well you’re sleeping.
In short, these wearable devices can greatly help you improve your overall health. Read on as we take you through the top 5 fitness trackers of 2019 to help you choose which is the right tracker for you.
Fitbit Charge 3 – $129 at Amazon
The Fitbit Charge 3 is arguably the best fitness tracker that your money can buy. Coming with a crisp monochrome OLED touchscreen, SpO2 sensors, improved battery life and an updated and better heart rate monitor, this fitness tracker is a definite must-have. Additionally, due to its bigger screen, you can easily read notifications received from your phone.
To make it even better, there is an array of customizable bands available of different materials and colors. They come in small and large sizes, but Fitbit recommends the larger size wristbands for most users. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Classic Bands – Made of aluminum buckle, Classic bands come in 2 distinct colors (black and blue gray). They can also withstand water and sweat for when you are doing intense exercise.
- Sports Bands – Made of durable silicon material, this water and sweat resistant band comes in 5 distinct colors (navy, scarlet, berry, black and white), and has an aluminum buckle.
- Woven Bands – Made of polyester material, woven bands come in 3 separate colors (charcoal, periwinkle, and lavender) and also have an aluminum buckle. However, if you’re into swimming and running then do not purchase a Woven wristband because contact with moisture could damage it.
- Leather Bands – Made using premium Horween leather, they come in 2 different colors (plum and midnight blue) and have an aluminum buckle. However, they’re not intended for high intensity workouts since they aren’t sweat or water resistant.
NOTE: Third-party straps are also available on the market at online shops such as Mobile Mob to style your tracker.
Apple Watch Series 4 – $399 at Walmart
When it comes to the latest apps and health features, the Apple Watch Series 4 is the best. It has impressive features like fall detection, a large screen, ECG capability and good call quality (iPhone only). It also comes with an aluminum case with silver, gold or space gray color options. As for the bands go, you have a lot of options to choose from including:
- Rubbery Sport Loop – A soft, lightweight and breathable band. You can also make easy adjustments due to the hook-and-loop fastener feature.
- Fabric Seashell Spot Loop – Compatible with all versions of the Apple Watch, it comes in different colors and sizes. Also, it’s easily adjustable due to the hook-and-loop fastener feature.
- Stainless Steel Milanese loop – Designed for the Apple Watch 4, this strap comes in 3 different colors (space black, silver and gold) and is infinitely adjustable.
NOTE: There are many third-party straps available on the market you can also opt for.
Fitbit Versa – $200 at Walmart
If you’re on a budget and looking for something that offers great functionality and style, the Fitbit Versa has you covered.
You could easily think it’s intended for women due to its pink, lilac and rose gold color options, its compact design and its latest health tracking app which helps female users effectively monitor their menstrual cycle. However, this fitness tracker is built for everyone due to features such as sleep tracking, a step counter, good battery life, and an accurate heart rate monitor.
Personalized training recommendations and quick phone-free workouts are also at your disposal if you buy Fitbit Coach.
Garmin Fenix 5 Plus – $800 at Garmin
The Garmin Fenix 5 Plus is a top of the line fitness device with a hefty price tag. But forget the steep price it has because this fitness tracker is definitely worth every penny if you can afford it.
If you’re planning to go for skiing, backpacking or hiking in the backcountry, you should definitely consider this device. Its great combination of style and performance is what makes it stand out from the rest.The Fenix 5 Plus, comes with in-color and detailed topographic maps, contactless payments, regular heart rate and step count data, and a phone tracker. To make it better, this exceptionally durable waterproof device comes in a variety of prices and sizes depending on your wrist size. It also has a storage capacity that can hold up to 500 sounds.
Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro – $200 at Amazon
Speaking of storage capacity, the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro fitness tracker has a music player which you can play those high-tempo and bass-dropping songs to keep you motivated during your workouts. You simply have to sync it to your phone or computer.Also, this water-resistant fitness tracker has a color touchscreen which you can use to access your music player, accurate GPS reads and the heart rate monitor. Additionally, it’s compatible with both Android and iOS devices and offers an incredible 3-day battery life.
If you want to greatly improve your fitness regime, you should definitely buy one of these activity trackers. You should consider important features such as price, features, wristband, your style and the various apps available for each device.