The days when the babies are growing are some of the most memorable days in any parent’s life. Every moment brings joy and their doing new things is worth capturing. So, once the baby can sit and shows some interest towards crawling, the parent feels compelled to buy a toddler walker. This device has garnered lots of interest amongst the parents as well as counselors and has received flak and felicitation alike. Some consider it a must-have to help baby learn walking, while others call it a potential source of injury. Well, the Best baby walker review suggests that the walkers are good, but it is the erroneous way of using it that makes the toddler walker a thing of distress rather than comfort.
Keeping babies tucked into the carriers all the time is not as easy as it sounds. The mother needs some hours hands-free and her personal space to borrow some moments of relief from this 24 * 7 job and to do her jobs quickly. A full hands-on mother finds very limited time for herself and is always in search of ways to keep her baby busy as well as on its own. Baby walker offers a reliable way to make a child sit and move independently. But, the catch is you cannot leave the baby alone with the walker. How to select the baby walker that suits the demographics of your house? Let’s find out.Sturdy wheel design: Since the baby walker is required to run on the flooring of the house, its wheel should complement this house feature sufficiently. The sturdy wheel design keeps the walker from toppling over and is fit for all types of floors such as tiles, wood, mosaic, Also, the wheels should move freely and must not get stuck when the baby tries to walk while sitting on the walker.
- Ergonomic model: Babies require making an effort to push the walker to roam around. Adjustable height and better support to the back can help them adjust to the model beautifully and do not over tire the kids.
- Baby walker with automatic gripping and brake mechanism: The idea is to make Walker completely safe for the baby. Automatic grip and brake mechanism make the walker step-proof. The baby is usually safer while using the walker in a house that spreads over two separate floors.
- Walkers with broad tray and sides: It is necessary to take a look at the sides of the walker. These should be broad enough to keep the baby confined to secured Of various types, rectangular walkers are better options. These don’t have a tendency to topple over, and the baby cannot get access to dangling wires or electrical sockets due to broad boundaries.
- Walkers with wide tray: If you have limited space in the house, wide tray in the Walker serves as the feeding table for babies. Some can be used as an alternative to the high seat that can be used in limited dining space.
- Walkers with hanging rattles: It is a common observation that the babies are attracted to things hung from a height. And, if they make some sounds, they are bound to be left spell-bound. They find it more amusing when they can handle this hung rattle all by themselves. Walkers with sound making rattles and other electronics help the mothers divert the attention of the babies from dangerous things around, and offer them a safe and interesting play option.
Important points to keep in mind to make baby walkers safe
In addition to looking for the features mentioned above in the walker, it is essential to make some changes in the house to enable secure use of walkers by the babies. For example, it is necessary to keep the sharp objects away from the path of the walker. Mind it, the baby may go in any direction, and with practice, he may catch up with speed too, while pushing the toddler walker around. Thus, it is wise not to use walkers on the upper floors of the building. There should be no way that the baby can approach the stairway while using the walkers.
Be cautious and watchful
Secondly, never leave the baby alone with the walker. The Best baby walker review suggests that you need to make the home ready for an active baby whose activities are going to be far more than crawling merely.
Gentle reminder for the caring parents
Just a gentle reminder! The walkers do not assist babies in learning to walk. It is a mere misconception that the babies need walkers to get assistance in walking. In fact, at the start, babies may not be able to maintain their posture in the Walker, leave aside walking like a pro. Thus, parents need to be very patient as well as watchful with the babies put in walkers.
Baby walkers come with a wide range of attachments these days. These can be adjusted according to the baby height too. While sitting on the walker, the baby’s feet should reach the floor. Sound and light features offer ways to keep babies engaged as well as amused. A broader seat, speed control, and anti-slipping pads are some of the features that can make the walkers safe to use and fit for the homes.
So, do give your baby the best walker that can help enjoy the new phase of learning. Still, be aware of the fact that no device or gadget can replace the parental assistance; thus, give your time and care that your baby deserves, even when you have got him parched onto the walker.
A word of caution while buying baby walkers
The price tag should not be the deciding factor for buying baby walkers. While buying the Walker, ensure that it has surpassed all the safety and quality tests. Second-hand baby walker is a big no as it may have been put on sale after breaking down. Such products may cause injury and pose a threat to the safety of the apple of your eye.
About The Author
I am Marina Bosworth owner of Babywalkerpro.com & proud mother of a darling baby who has just introduced me to the world of parenting. Every day with him has been a learning time, and the badge of blogger has given me a chance to share with the world my new found wisdom. When I am not with my kid, I love to read and write. Follow me on Twitter.