If you’re one of those Moms that are constantly on the run and multi-tasking between the office, family-life and raising kids and prefer using appliances that generally just make life easier, then this multi-functional, instant pot duo 7 in 1 programmable pressure cooker is just the thing to support your demanding lifestyle. It allows you to whip up a great selection of meals and even desserts by simply pushing a few buttons. What really makes the Instant Pot stands out is the advanced micro-processor technology that is equipped with a series of smart cooking programs which enables you to achieve perfect results unceasingly within a fraction of the time (up to 70% faster).
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and Kaboutjie may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
Instant Pot Duo Features
- The pressure cooker is a combination of seven kitchen appliances including:
- Pressure cooker
- Slow cooker
- Rice maker
- Sauté pan
- Food warmer
- Yogurt maker
- The instant pot is featuring 14 Smart programs:
- Slow Cook
- Keep warm
- Pressure cooks
- The instant pot contains a dishwasher-friendly and durable solid food-grade stainless steel steaming rack and inner pot and is UL and ULC-certified with ten proven safety mechanisms which is designed to avoid common errors.
- The unit is manufactured with third generation technology and the micro-processor includes functions that:
- Monitors pressure
- Regulates temperature
- Keeps time
- Adjusts the heat intensity and duration time to achieve optimal results every time.
- Product dimensions: 14.17 x 14.84 x 13.31 inches.
- Power supply: 120V – 60Hz
- No need for a sauté pan as the instant pot has three adjustable heat modes for browning, searing or simmering.
- Can convert into a slow cooker with three heat settings: low, medium and high.
- Three-ply bottom to allow for even heat distribution.
- The unit saves valuable space in the kitchen as it can provide duo functions equivalent to seven appliances and create delicious and healthy meals in an instant by just selecting the cooking programs you require.
- Energy-saving which means you can save on electricity every month.
- The inner pot will not easily peel or scratch as the durable stainless steel has no harmful chemical coating.
- You have free access to hundreds of recipes, tips and reviews on the Instant Pot recipe app, Facebook or Instagram pages.
- Consists of a fully automatic rice cooking program setting which is self-adjusting according to the quantity you’re cooking.
- The power steam program setting locks in supreme flavour and nutrients.
- The yogurt program setting pasteurises milk, making delectable fresh yogurt.
- The unit has dual pressure settings (low and high) and can pressure cook for up to four hours.
- Cooking programs can be adjusted while the unit is in use.
- The unit has a quiet mode as well as an auto keep warm mode so that food can be kept at just the right temperature until everyone is ready to eat.
- The 24-hour delay start permits for delayed cooking.
- The stainless-steel steam rack has handles for easy and convenient handling.
- All the components which come in contact with food are made from food-grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel.
- The inner pot and lid are super easy to clean and dishwasher-safe.
- The lid holder is designed for use by either left-handed or right-handed users.
- Official instant pot accessories are available including glass lid, ceramic inner pot, stainless inner pot, silicone storage lid, silicone mini mitts and silicone seal.
Even though there is no question about the amazing benefits that the instant pot offer, there are a few negatives associated with the Instant pot as reported by customers:
- Issues with the pot not heating – can be an indication of the pot base needing replacement which can be very costly.
- Instant pot not turning on – when the customer consulted the manual it turns out that the circuit board blew.
- The float valve on the lid not popping up – the customer did not find the pot useful for pressure cooking.
- Customers experienced issues with the manufacturer not honouring the warranty. However, one customer who bought her instant pot from Amazon.com did receive a full refund from them.
The overall consensus according to customer reviews are that if you’re one of the lucky ones and received a pot that is in great working condition, you’ll have no issues and the pot really has magnificent features. The product received mixed reviews on Amazon’s site. Many customers have no issues at all while other were not so lucky.
Most complainants experienced problems ranging from a defective lid, a pot that is not heating or switching on to the float valve not working. But the most noteworthy complaint was the lack of customer service. Most customers who had an issue with the product received very little or no assistance from the manufacturer itself. The company is not honouring the warranty and people are left with a feeling of disappointment and an instant pot that has only worked for a few weeks or months before giving up the ghost.
The instant pot duo 7 in 1 programmable pressure cooker is wonderfully versatile and opens up a whole new world of culinary expediency which allows people with a busy schedule to create healthy, tasty and exciting meals in less time than usual. The Instant pot is one of the world’s best selling smart cooker due to its multi-function capabilities of pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer, sauté pan, warmer and yogurt maker all in one useful package. You can now have your bean soup, curry casserole or stewed beef ready within 30-40 minutes.
The key advantages of the instant pot are the advanced micro-processor technology as well as built-in sensors that control a series of smart cooking programmes with seamless results every time. The appliance comes with one-touch, easy-to-use control which allows you to cook your favorite dishes simply by pressing a button.
Furthermore, you can enjoy an infinite supply of support, recipes and inspiration from the instant pot recipe-sharing communities on the Instant pot app, Facebook and Instagram pages.