Hyperactivity is a relatively common condition in children. If your child is unable to sit still for long, or tends to get overexcited, then you need to get used to calm him/her down. Some hyperactive children may fidget a lot, whereas others may not be excessively uncontrollable.
Regardless of the level of hyperactivity your child is demonstrating, it is always important to seek help at the early stages so as to learn how to cope with him or her properly.
While there are lots of ways to help calm down your hyper child, at times medication to control hyperactivity may need to be prescribed, so always seek a pediatrician’s guidance in these matters.
The following tips will help you learn how to control and calm down a hyper child.
– It may be very helpful to create a small area in your house where your child will get used to calming down. This will be his or her special space or nook, and not a punishment corner. Fill it up with his/her favorite stuff as this will come in handy during panicky episodes. This is where you could go to in order to help him/her cope with the turmoil and anxiety he faces during such times.
– Get used to playing calm music so as to soothe him/her.
– Limit exposure to video games and television programmes as these may trigger hyperactivity.
– Avoid bright colors and loud sounds.
– Massages could comfort your child, and you may be surprised to note that hyperactive children actually respond well to demonstrations of affection.
– Always speak calmly and reassuringly to your child.
– Try not to lose your temper no matter how difficult it may be at times.
– Help your child burn off excessive energy by finding a sport or activities that he/she likes.
– Take walks and be close to nature and animals.
– Help him/her practice breathing techniques which will be helpful in calming down.
– Consider taking him/her to kids’ yoga or tai chi lessons.
– Stick to routines.
– Encourage healthy sleeping patterns.
You need to login in order to like this post: click here