I love trying out new recipes so this week when my I realized I had an unopened plain yoghurt that was about to reach it’s expiry date I set out to research recipes for chicken using yoghurt so that it would not go to waste and I was so pleasantly surprised by how it came out. My hubby was also super impressed and told me he wants me to make this yoghurt chicken recipe again.
Please take note that I made it with a pack of chicken pieces (a pack of 4 thighs and 4 legs) but it can also be made with chicken fillets – just adjust the recipe for the right amount of marinade and of course the cook time would also change depending on the type of chicken you use.
The best part about cooking chicken in yoghurt is that it makes the chicken so tender and delicious.
- 8 pack of chicken (thighs and legs)
- 200g full cream plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons turmeric spice
- 2 teaspoons ginger spice
- Mix the yoghurt, olive oil, garlic and spices until completely combined.
- Place the chicken pieces in a dish and coat with the yoghurt marinade.
- Leave the chicken to marinade for at least one hour, but if you can marinade it overnight that would be best.
- Bake the chicken for 45 minutes at 180°C, then grill the chicken for a few minutes to make the top a bit crispy
This chicken tastes fantastic and makes for a bright and interesting meal. Serve it with rice or mashed potato.