And for our next experiment we tried Erupting Snow Volcanoes. This is a great activity for kids! I took the ingredients needed to my 3 year old daughter’s preschool yesterday and tried it out with her class of 11 kids. What a raging success!
Here’s how you do it:
- Take 1 can of shaving cream and empty it all into a bucket. Even this was a delight for these small hands!
- Empty 1 x 500g bicarbonate of soda into the bucket and let the little fingers mix it up. This makes the snow. It is cool to the touch and a great sensory stimulating activity!
- Make a little mound of snow (the volcano)
- Pour a little bit of red food colouring onto the top (this is the lava)
- Give your child a spray bottle of vinegar, when they spray it onto the mixture it fizzes and erupts.
Try it out and let us know what you think!