And for our next experiment we tried Erupting Snow Volcanoes. This is a great activity for kids! I took the ingredients needed to my 3 year old daughter’s preschool yesterday and tried it out with her class of 11 kids. What a raging success!
Here’s how you do it:
- Take 1 can of shaving cream and empty it all into a bucket. Even this was a delight for these small hands!
- Empty 1 x 500g bicarbonate of soda into the bucket and let the little fingers mix it up. This makes the snow. It is cool to the touch and a great sensory stimulating activity!
- Make a little mound of snow (the volcano)
- Pour a little bit of red food colouring onto the top (this is the lava)
- Give your child a spray bottle of vinegar, when they spray it onto the mixture it fizzes and erupts.
Try it out and let us know what you think!
You need to login in order to like this post: click here