Being a parent is one of the best experiences in life. This is the time when you have to take care of your baby and make sure that they’re getting the best from life. Among the responsibilities of a parent, securing your baby’s safety all the time should be a priority. The same is true when they’re inside a vehicle. As a parent, you should use different tools so your baby will be safe throughout the ride – this is where a baby capsule can become helpful for you. With a baby capsule, your baby can be supported while they’re sitting. You can also control your baby’s behaviour with a baby capsule which means you’ll have lesser distraction when you’re driving.
Buying a new baby capsule is an easy task. But just because there are many options to choose from, doesn’t mean you should purchase one immediately. Keep in mind that you’re buying this for your baby and one wrong decision may be hazardous for him. To ensure that your baby can be safe while using a baby capsule, consider these things before purchasing one:
- Ease of use: Sure, you might have purchased a baby capsule which fits your baby in a very affordable price but is it easy to use? Can you actually buckle your baby easily? Ease of use should be on top of the list when you’re buying a new baby capsule. As a tip, make sure you’re purchasing one with a five star rating from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. The more stars, the safer and easier it is when using. The NHTSA takes into consideration how easy it will be for parents to install the seat, secure their baby, and the content of the instruction manual.
- A car-seat base: When scouting for a new baby capsule, it’s best if you picked one which has a plastic base. This can be easily installed in the backseat of your car and you can bring this with you once your baby gets off the vehicle. All you have to do is snap the car seat into the base, buckle up your baby and you’re good to go! If you have a second car, you can opt to buy another plastic base for convenience. There are also some car-seat bases which provide additional add-ons such as an adjustable foot and an adjustable recline angle.
- Easy adjustments: Your baby will still grow in the coming months. How they’re fitted in their baby capsules right now will need adjustments in the near future. For a cost-efficient baby capsule, purchase one which can be easily adjusted. There are baby capsules which you can adjust its harness and headrests as your baby grows so you won’t have to purchase a brand new one anytime soon. It’s best if you pick one which can be adjusted from the front.
- Comfort: You might have a baby capsule in your backseat but if your baby is not comfortable using it, expect weeping sounds inside the vehicle. The baby capsule you’ll buy should be comfortable for your baby. It should be padded all over so regardless of how your baby is seated, he can be comfortable. A padded baby capsule can also make your baby sound comfortably inside the vehicle while providing support to his body.
- Easy cleaning: It’s common for babies and messes to go together. And as a parent, you should immediately do something about it because if not, your baby will be prone to illnesses. When buying a baby capsule, consider how it can be cleaned. Many baby capsules can be detached from the vehicle and machine-washed, making cleaning a very easy chore for you.
When inside the vehicle, you want your baby to be safe all the time. Since their body is still developing, you don’t want to disrupt any of these just because of how they are seated. You want them to be comfortable while having fun during road trips – and by buying the right baby capsule, you’ll be able to achieve that goal. Keep in mind the tips from this article and for sure, your baby will be safe all the time while travelling with you.
About The Author
Amanda Finn is a certified baby lover and loves to write about family, marriage, and motherhood whenever she has the time. When she contributes for sites such as Maxi Cosi, she makes sure her pieces aren’t only informative, but entertaining at the same time. She understands the plights of mothers and families out there who need a bit of assistance when it comes to giving that tender, loving care to children, babies, and even spouses, and Amanda loves to be able to point them to the right direction.