Progressive lenses help you avoid the trouble of switching between pairs if you are presbyopic and need vision correction for near distances mainly. Presbyopia is a condition that usually happens to people who are ageing and crossing the 40 years mark when they aren’t able to see objects at the near distance properly.
For example, it is troublesome for people to read menu cards or basically anything, work on smartphones and tablets, or do stuff like stitching. While Presbyopia can be treated with reading glasses as well, it might make you handle different pairs of glasses if you already have myopia or hyperopia.
Progressive lenses work with the help of their multiple focal points. Unlike bifocals, they have more than two focal points. These focal points are divided into three sections.
- The top section: This part of the lenses helps you see objects at a faraway distance properly.
- The bottom section: This portion is for you to see up-close objects clearly.
- The middle section: This one helps your vision stay corrected for seeing objects placed at an intermediate distance. Say your computer screen.
Making progressive lenses work
All you need to do is learn the basics and you’ll be able to make progressive lenses work for you in no time.
- Don’t move your pupils when trying to see things. You might tumble over peripheral vision which may look blurry to you. Move your head instead, in the direction where the object is located.
- Focus your vision in the part associated with where you want to look at. For reading, lower your eyes and look through the bottom section. For the sky or far off objects, look through the topmost region of the progressive lenses. Finally, for anything at an intermediate distance, your laptop or the kitchen counter, use the middle portion of the lenses.It’ll take you some time to get adjusted. About 3-4 days to 3-4 weeks. But soon your eyeglasses will become a part of your life and you’ll enjoy seeing the world through them. That too, without any discomfort that is pretty normal for the first few days.
- Wear your progressive lenses as often as possible. It’s best to put them on when you wake up in the morning and put them down only at night when you are about to sleep. This way you’ll get well acquainted with them soon to enjoy all their benefits.
With all this make sure you do not participate in any activities like driving when you aren’t used to wearing progressive glasses. That’s because you can’t focus on the road with discomfort. Doing such a thing can be life-threatening not only to you but those on the road and those sitting beside you in the vehicle.
Progressive glasses work for the style-conscious as well
Earlier presbyopic patients were suggested to wear bifocals. These lenses had only two parts in them. One for distant objects and one for up-close ones. While this certainly made it difficult to move the eyes from one part of the lenses to another, what was more unappealing was the dividing line. Not only was it an obstruction in the vision but it also advertised your condition to the world. That was a nightmare for the style-conscious.
Progressive glasses do not have that ugly dividing line. Thus, people use them as fashion accessories without hesitation. That’s the reason why doctors have changed their suggestions. They recommend progressive glasses to patients these days.
Now that you know how progressive lenses work, it’s time you get them for yourself or the dear ones who need them. Why not get these glasses online at Specscart? Not only will you save money on the affordable yet extravagant frames but you will also get all primary protective coatings for free. These include anti-glare, anti-UV, and scratch-resistant coatings on impact-resistant lenses. Do not worry, these progressive aka varifocal glasses are made with utmost accuracy and precision by our expert technicians who have 20+ years of experience in the field.
So, get going. Choose a frame right away!