When it's the right age for kids to go to grade 1

Home Forums Baby Milestones & Development When it's the right age for kids to go to grade 1

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ronitha 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

vhutshilo
    Participant

My son is 5 and am wondering if I should take him to grade 1 how old was your kids when start grade 1

Lisa?
    Participant

Hi Vhutshilo its in the year they turn 7 so say next year may his turning 7 then you must enrole him for next year to start school

vhutshilo
    Participant

Thanks lisa

Lisa?
    Participant

Its a pleasure

Nonhlanhla
    Participant

I think 7years

vhutshilo
    Participant

@aasiya thank you

Lynne Huysamen
    Keymaster

Grade 1 is 6 years old turning 7 years old. My daughter is 5 years old, turning 6 years old and she is in Grade R and will be in Grade 1 next year.

I can’t believe it that my daughter is going to “big school” next year!

vhutshilo
    Participant

Oh thank you @lynne this was confusing me even my son is 5 turning 6 on may

Lynne Huysamen
    Keymaster

Then our kids will start Grade 1 together 🙂

Ronitha
    Participant

My son is now in Grade RR, and he is 4 turning 5 this year. Next year he with be in Grade R, and he will be 5 turning 6. The following year he will be in Grade 1, and will be 6 turning 7.
    When I was young I was 5 turning 6 when I went to Grade 1 and I completed matric when I was 17. The rest of my friends was 18, I am still not certain how I was accepted in school at such a young age. I attended a public school who normally are strict on the age factor.
    I am so excited for my son to go to Grade 1, will no longer be a baby. He already is so independant.

vhutshilo
    Participant

@ronitha it was a great feeling to see my son going to big school, making new friends and learning all new stuff. And am happy because he is doing very well.

Ronitha
    Participant

@vhutshilo it is a memorable day for us mothers, but also very heart sore as our little ones grow so fast 🙁 If only they can remain small a tad bit longer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.