What do you say to others that criticize your babies name?

Home Forums Baby Names What do you say to others that criticize your babies name?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tamara 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Angie
    Participant
    Fan Points: 0

My daughter’s name is Ella. I know that it is an older name, but has become quite popular over the last few years. I love the name because it is a shortened name of my mother, Luella. People have criticized me saying that I decided to name her Ella because it was a popular name. I agree, it is a popular name, but that was not why I decided to name my daughter this. I wish that people would just understand this.

Lynne Huysamen
    Keymaster

That would irritate me too. I don’t know why some people have to say things like that. Even if you did pick it because it is a “popular name” so what? You have the right to call your baby whatever you like.

I would really try and ignore them, otherwise it will just upset you.

Sandi
    Participant
    Fan Points: 0

What would I say to them? I would tell them to shut up because they are rude!

vhutshilo
    Participant
    Fan Points: 286

My baby my business if you font have anything nice to ssy just shut up.

Tamara
    Participant
    Fan Points: 322

@angie
    I think Ella is a beautiful name and to be honest don’t think it’s that popular. I know one person we call Ella and that’s short for Elsa and she’s in her 50’s!
    Your babies name has personal meaning to YOU and that’s all that counts in my opinion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.