Twinkle, Twinkle

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Twinkle, Twinkle

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Gayle M 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Gayle M
    Participant

Hello there my fellow mommies. What a lovely forum to express yourself to people who can relate to you.. When you become a mom all you talk about is your baby and you try to surround yourself with people who have the same interests as you. I am a mommy, of a beautiful 13 year old teenage daughter and a very handsome 9 year old boy. I would like to share my knowledge and experiences with you. Enjoy the ride of motherhood. Cherish every moment with your little ones. Look into their eyes and be present. One day you will thank yourselves for being a present mommy. Enjoy the ride of Motherhood.

Cindy-Anne
    Participant

So glad to have another pre-teen mom in our forum. Age gap almost similar to mine. Are your kids close, or do you find that the age gap makes it difficult? Mine are very close, but they do turn into the occasional gladiators once in a while.

Doreen
    Participant

Welcome Gayle. Nice to meet you. Ive got a 3 year old boy. Its a nice forum to ask advice and also to offload when you need to 😉

MamaMichelle
    Participant

Lovely to meet you ladies! My son and daughter differ 3,5 years and weren’t really close growing up, I guess because of the opposite personalities, but being a teen and young adult respectively they have become good friends! 🙂 @ doreen I do sooooo miss the toddler phase!

Gayle M
    Participant

Hi Cindy-Anne! yes my daughter is 13 and my son is 9 years old. I really thought the age gap would be a problem but they’ve been inseparable. They don’t like being apart. it is a bit scary but i love the fact that they can do so many things together. It saves me from driving back and forth to play dates lol. They are very passive kids. They sometimes fight but the love they have between them is priceless. I’m so lucky!

Gayle M
    Participant

I too miss the toddler stage, in fact i miss them being newborns!

Gayle M
    Participant

Thank you Doreen. Nice to meet you too!. Yes what a lovely platform. Enjoy your little 3 year old. I’m sure you are having lots of fun with him. When my son turned 3 i made him a sand pit because he loved playing in the sand and i had to travel quite far at times just to take him to the beach. I lifted up some paving in my backyard and bought some clean sand and he would play for hours in the sand. Hubby wasn’t too impressed with the paving being lifted but it was worth it!

Ronitha
    Participant

Welcome Gayle, nice to meet you.
    This forum is very informative and best part is we have a venting forum as well 😉 how awesome and cool is that.

Gayle M
    Participant

Thank you Ronitha, nice to be here! Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Caryn Ross
    Participant

Hi Gayle – lovely to have you around 🙂

I am only getting to the point of teenagers – my eldest turns 10 later in the year. I can see in some ways she wants to stretch her boundaries and in others I can see that she is still happy being mom’s girl. It is amazing to see them grow and start defining their own personalities and strengths.

Claudia
    Participant

Hi Gayle. I am still at the toddler phase. I sometimes wish I was at the teenager phase already then I look at my brother-in-laws and I am grateful I am still in the toddler phase. Motherhood is a true journey with lots of ups and downs, but it is definitely a rewarding one.

Gayle M
    Participant

Thanks Caryn,
    yes my son will also be ten this year. I know what your talking about. it is nice to see them stretching their boundaries and becoming more independent! Enjoy every bit of her still wanting to be mommy’s girl!

Gayle M
    Participant

Hi Claudia,
    No, no please don’t wish this upon yourself right now lol! Enjoy every bit of motherhood.. Trust me, these years prepares you for what is still to come. Enjoy!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.