The same initials

Home Forums Baby Names The same initials

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mabel 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angie
    Participant
    Fan Points: 0

Would it be important for your children to have the same initials? My friends sister is due with her 4th child in April. They have two girls and a boy already. Their names are
    Karson Lyle
    Katelyn Lucille
    Kallie Lynn

They have not said that they will be naming this child with a K and a L but I bet that they do. What is your take on this? I have heard of other families using the same middle name for their children, such as a family I know has 3 girls and all of them have the middle name Anne.

Lynne Huysamen
    Keymaster

I think that is awful – imagine one day when there are important documents or mail that comes and it says KL on all of them? What a confusion of note. If that is what someone wants for their family that is fine but I wouldn’t want it. My daughter and husband have the same initials but that wasn’t planned like that. My son and my father in law have the same name so they have the same initials.

Angie
    Participant

I guess having the same initials is not a big deal for me. Or even having the same letter of the first name. I think of the Duggar family. How all of them are J names. I am not sure if they all have the same middle initial or not. But just think of how hard it would be to keep them straight. I have a hard enough time calling my cats but the right names. Hopefully when we have more kids I am not calling them each other’s names 🙂

Mabel
    Participant

I think kids of a family having the same initials are truly adorable and I have met many families as such. I have not met many with the same middle name though. If there is an important purpose as to why they have the same middle name, example to commemorate someone, then that is cool. As long as effort is placed into the name formation, it is commendable. The names of my friend’s sons and hers begin with the same letter, have the same number of syllabus, and they even begin with the same letter when the names are shortened to nicknames. I really admire that because a tremendous amount of thought has been placed into that otherwise it is impossible to come up with it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.